Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help return pump hose popped off!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HPballer76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HPballer76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help return pump hose popped off!
    Posted: February 24 2013 at 5:23pm
Help my return pump hose popped off and sprayed 50-60 gallons on my floor! Tank is on the main level and water is dripping threw the floor into my basement don't know what to do at the moment. Trying to dry as much up as possible with towels if anyone can help please call or text me 3364511427

Edited by HPballer76 - February 24 2013 at 7:18pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HPballer76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2013 at 7:18pm
I think it is all fixed. Thank you to those that helped!
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2013 at 7:36pm
Glad it wasn't as bad as you thought, still alot of water....just run some fans and everything should be cherry. Can you hard pipe your return not just use a clamp?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HPballer76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2013 at 10:11pm
Thanks for stopping by! And yeah I am thinking about doing that but I was working in the sump today so I probably knocked the clamp loose. It had been running fine for a few weeks now and ran for years that way at Tyler's. still might hard plumb just to be safe though and will also be adding water on the floor sensors to my apex just in case.
Elite-Aquatics View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elite-Aquatics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2013 at 11:14pm
Take some pliers and lock the clamps in good, you have to put a lot of pressure on it. That return pump is very powerfulLOL
Premium aquarium filtration!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HPballer76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2013 at 11:25pm
Haha yes it is! Luckily I was home when it happened. I think i must have hit the clamp or something for it to come off. Either way it is clamped down tight and I added a couple zip ties for a little extra security lol.
Softplan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softplan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2013 at 9:20pm
I have had this problem on my submersible pump.  I tried zip ties and plastic clamps.  It kept coming off.  So instead of fighting it I hard piped up out of the water then attached my flexible with a barb fitting and stainless steel clamp.  In my opinion those plastic clamps and zip ties don't get tight enough for my comfort.  Last thing I want again is water spraying all over my floor.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic