Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Must Stop GSP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Must Stop GSP
    Posted: February 25 2013 at 3:34pm
So I have a small 6 gal sps dominate tank and I unwisely put some GSP in there as one of my first corals. Well, they're now overgrown and starting to burn my sps corals. The rock there on is the base rock and if there's a good way to control them without having to take the rock, that'd be best. I tried taking a razor blade down Nd scraping the back, but that didn't work very well. Ideas?
Pete Moss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 3:36pm
In my experience I've had to pull the rocks out and completely scrub the GSP away with a wire brush. It's really annoying, but may be the only way you can pull it off.
125g 90g 2x33g 34g
What stores do I recommend?
Up North: Bill ( Saltwater Paradise 801-317-8115 )
Down South: Jerry ( Reef On 801-563-0600 )

Member of GCFB
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 3:40pm
If you're nearby I'll take a frag of them.
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 5:27pm
sometimes with gsp you can take a razor blade and pull up an edge and then just peel it off the rock. I've been able to frag it before doing that.

larseb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larseb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 6:27pm
scrape and frag scrape and frag
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by larseb larseb wrote:

scrape and frag scrape and frag

+1
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 6:55pm
if you end up fragging them, i want some!:) Good luck though with getting them off
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
Inthenameofweez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inthenameofweez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 7:05pm
I will be doing this soon to my tank. My GSP are already close to ready for frag. Message me and I'll let peeps who Hogie can't cover take some from me.
-Clayton
jcoulter17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2013 at 10:18pm
Lazer?
Lewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2013 at 11:20am
I added a conch to my tank who developed a taste for GSP. keeps those buggers right in place.
40 gal w/ 20 sump
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic