Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

150 Display 300 Total Volume Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Mr.Gray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Gray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2013 at 11:05am
finally have a day to work on stuff. Setting up to start plumbing.
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2013 at 1:46pm
How hard was it to reseal the tank? I just got a used 150 and it looks like I need to do the same.

Edited by phys - April 04 2013 at 1:46pm
Mr.Gray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Gray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2013 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by phys phys wrote:

How hard was it to reseal the tank? I just got a used 150 and it looks like I need to do the same.

It's really not too hard. My advice is to not try and cut corners. make sure you redo all the silicone this includes removing the overflow too. Oh and use masking tape for clean lines. Imo it's well worth the peace of mind. and lmk if you have any other questions about it.
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2013 at 10:27pm
Did you disassemble all the glass? If so, what did you use to align it again and hold it in place for reassembly?
Mr.Gray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Gray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2013 at 10:36pm
you don't disassemble the glass you are just cutting the silicone from the corners and redoing that. You actually have to be careful not to cut into the silicon that is in between glass. i'd recommend looking on youtube, there are some good vids. just search aquarium silicone reseal.

This should give you a good idea.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I3nNJ0PRhB0

Edited by Mr.Gray - April 04 2013 at 10:41pm
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2013 at 11:16pm
Cool! Thanks for the help!
Mr.Gray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Gray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2013 at 9:05pm

so close to adding water!
Bryce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2013 at 9:14pm
whats going in that top tank, the big one blue background? how will you access it? Looks pretty tight. What are all those gate valve for not yet plumbed? going into the house? Looking good
65g Reef
Mr.Gray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Gray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2013 at 9:23pm
the top one will mainly just be used for water changes and the grate above it can be removed for access if I close if off to use as qt. the valves will be going to skimmer, reactor, uv/ozone, and extras for??? and yes, this is all plumbed to a 150 dt and 30 frag in my front room.
kody72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kody72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2013 at 10:13pm
Looks like fun did you order your plumbing through who I got mine from?
KODY72 FISHROOM BUILD
281g DT
187g Rimless Frag
ATI PM lighting
SRO DSCR-300ext
Mr.Gray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Gray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2013 at 10:37pm
yeah I did. You can't beat their prices and quality. thanks for the referral.
JohnnyHeavens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2013 at 11:23am
Looking good man!
@Home
300g System 150g-Cube Reef+60g Frag+WaterChange
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
txt anytime @ eightO1-seven5five-eighteen99
Scuba! PADI Pro DM/AI/TecDeep
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
Mr.Gray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Gray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2013 at 12:25pm
Thanks! I actually put water in yesteday. Luckily it was just tap water because there were a couple bulkheads leaking :/ I guess it's bound to happen when there's about 5,000 of them haha.
Mr.Gray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Gray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 6:38pm

yes that is water!

I am sick of plumbing...

yay rocks!
Mr.Gray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Gray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 5:44pm

room with frag and display.

And my 10yo great dane acting as my new rug!
DMower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 7:19pm
Nice! Looking good.
150 gal reef with 50 gal sump. Reef Octopus DCS-200 Skimmer. AI Sol Blues.
Bryce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 8:15pm
The only problem I see is that TV in the middle, it just doesnt go...definately need another tank there......just kidding of course, looks awesome! What is your plan to deal with temps in garage in summer/ winter?

Edited by Bryce - May 12 2013 at 8:21pm
65g Reef
Mr.Gray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Gray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 8:58pm
I agree with you! i'd like a smaller tv and bigger tank ;) I am actually building a room around everything in the garage, just haven't gotten there yet. there will be an ac unit for the room plus I am building in a bunch of fans to blow onto the water that will be controlled by my reef angel in case the ac unit doesn't keep up. Heaters are multiple 250w jagers also controlled by reef angel.
Mr.Gray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Gray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2013 at 11:07pm
update:
Most everything is up and running. I still have a few things to finish but i have been able to happily support life!

current stock list:
fish:
male blue jaw trigger
magnificent foxface
sailfin tang
corris wrasse
pair of platinum clowns
school of 6 chromis

sps:
tyree sunset monti
superman monti
ora hawkins echinata
rainbow stylo
cali tort
green milli
rose milli
red planet
ora birds of paradise
blueberry special
biohazard
leng si
green w/ blue polyp monti cap

lps:

bleeding apple scoly
mini scoly
green/blue scoly
jason fox grafted chalice
christmas favia
mia's pot of gold favia

softies:

none haha

full tank shot

Mr.Gray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Gray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2013 at 9:22pm

Ro reserve, water change, sw reserve, and ato system...
Anyone in need of a custom setup to make your life easier?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic