Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kryptonite candy cane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Trevor40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevor40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Crash2070 Crash2070 wrote:

Sorry I meant alk when I said PH. Tank has been going about 2 months now
Also my Apex tells me my PH is 5.65 right now and it can swing a point up or down every other day or so. not always changing but when it does it doesnt change much

If your pH is really at 5.65 your take would crash as that is a pretty far swing from where it should be. Ca reactors are around 6.5-6.7 and that is acidic enough to break down the coral media.
Call or Text (801)834-3119
Morlaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morlaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 10:16pm
I put fuel in the water and they open right up then i feed them mysis shrimp :)

Ex 210 gallon reef

red sea max 250
BioCube 29 HQI

Gallery http://imgur.com/a/yIRJk
fishyman19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishyman19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 12:42pm
Hey crash, just want to throw in my tow cents, I have the same Candy Can and it sat in a similar place in my tank for about 5 months. Not really opening up too much and some of the heads passed on. I then read that if you move them to darker areas in the tank they do better. So I moved mine under an arch I have in the tank that sees light but not very much. They love it down there! It has doubled in size and it's colors are amazing!

You may want to move it down to one of the caves you have set up in the rock work, get it out of direct light and it may start liking it more down there.
90 Gallon mixed reef. Wife's 12 gallon nano cube mixed reef!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic