Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MARCH 2013 TOTM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Upload View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upload Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MARCH 2013 TOTM
    Posted: March 03 2013 at 2:03am

THE  WASATCH  MARINE  AQUARIUM  SOCIETY  PROUDLY  PRESENTS  THE  MARCH  2013  TANK  OF  THE  MONTH:

joelduval1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joelduval1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 3:54am
Very nice.
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 7:01am
Awesome!
Try, try, try, then give up!
kody72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kody72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 9:16am
Looking good Bob
KODY72 FISHROOM BUILD
281g DT
187g Rimless Frag
ATI PM lighting
SRO DSCR-300ext
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 9:25am
The lists actually left a couple of things out:

On fish, I also have a 2" Royal Gramma in there. You can see him in the very last photo,  hanging out between the Red Monti Cap and the Orange Ball Sponge...so, 19 fish in all.

And I left my 2 urchins (a Black Spiny and a Brown Spiny) off the Inverts list. You can see one of them clearly in the upper left photo on the "Zoas" slide... they are both small; about the size of golf balls.

- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
DMower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2013 at 10:16am
Nice looking tank!
150 gal reef with 50 gal sump. Reef Octopus DCS-200 Skimmer. AI Sol Blues.
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2013 at 3:53am
Bob, What a great looking tank ! Congrats on TOTM .  Also wanted to say thanks for all build info I have been able to read on all of your set ups. You never disappoint when I read your threads.
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2013 at 11:15am
Love it!! Whats the halloween starfish? I have never heard/ seen one( i dont think so anyways..)
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2013 at 11:41am
Awesome tank Bob! Everything looks healthy and happy! Great coral placement too! Over 40 species and it doesn't look like everything is crowded or thrown in.
JohnnyHeavens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2013 at 9:59am
Congratz on TOTM! It looks like a great system!
@Home
300g System 150g-Cube Reef+60g Frag+WaterChange
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
txt anytime @ eightO1-seven5five-eighteen99
Scuba! PADI Pro DM/AI/TecDeep
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
BrentD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrentD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2013 at 5:04pm
Looks awesome Bob!
Dan9554880 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan9554880 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2013 at 5:19pm
Looks great!!! Also I have a question if you don't mind me asking how's is the heniochus doing with coral and where did you get it? Thanks
210 Mixed Reef
20 Nuvo nano reef
Learn your tank, not the hobby
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2013 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by tfmreefs tfmreefs wrote:

Love it!! Whats the halloween starfish? I have never heard/ seen one( i dont think so anyways..)

Honestly, my daughter just gave it that name because of the color scheme (neon orange and black)...

Here is a little better photo of the top side so you can see what I mean:

This photo was taken before the lights came on... when the tank is lit with the halides the starfish has a really cool neon effect; it almost "glows"...

I got it from LRNR beginning of February, and so far it seems to be doing great. It is about 5" across from tip to tip...

BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2013 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Dan9554880 Dan9554880 wrote:

Looks great!!! Also I have a question if you don't mind me asking how's is the heniochus doing with coral and where did you get it? Thanks

The heni doesn't bother corals at all - I got it at Aquatic Evo about 3 weeks ago

Dan9554880 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan9554880 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2013 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by BobC63 BobC63 wrote:

Originally posted by tfmreefs tfmreefs wrote:

Honestly, my daughter just gave it that name because of the color scheme (neon orange and black)...

Here is a little better photo of the top side so you can see what I mean:

This photo was taken before the lights came on... when the tank is lit with the halides the starfish has a really cool neon effect; it almost "glows"...

I got it from LRNR beginning of February, and so far it seems to be doing great. It is about 5" across from tip to tip...

They call them Florida common star
210 Mixed Reef
20 Nuvo nano reef
Learn your tank, not the hobby
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2013 at 6:35pm

I figured I still had a little bit of room for more coral LOL so I picked up a few things this weekend...

Aquatic Evolution advertised a sale on 'huge" zoa colonies from Viet Nam for just $49... and they weren't kidding on the size!

For size comparison, my Richmond's Wrasse is 5+ inches long... the zoa colony is at least 9" X 4" and I guesstimate 300 - 350 polyps?  That's less than 15 cents pp Shocked

They're still acclimating to my tank a bit, but I saw them open in the store and they were awesome! I actually bought 2 and the other one is a mixed colony of maybe a half dozen types /colors

And while I was there I picked out another sweet Acro colony; beige with neon sky blue tips... the picture does not do it justice - the blue tips "pop" like unbelievable; and the colony itself is almost tennis -ball sized, with maybe 25+ branches... for $59!  Crazy prices down here in UT County Clap

Then I went up to The Aquarium and scored a few more sweet SPS (!)

A real nice Red Robin:

And a gorgeous Cali Blue Tort:

And my wife's favorite color is orange... so, I had to get this one. Around 3" across; not sure if it is a monti or what - but it has a cool orange 'pop':

Here's a bunch more random photos I took today.

Newest fish: Possum Wrasse

SPS Garden

Yellow Birdsnest I got from Shelby (lskurys) a few weeks back

Coral Wars - Blue Undata vs. Red Montipora!  The Undata says "the heck with you - I'll just grow right over ya!"

Got this Miami Hurricane from CJ (Mr Gray) about a month ago; it had 8 or 9 eyes when I got it.

Check out how many eyes now! (I counted 15!)

Coming next... I just special ordered another sponge that no one else has... I need something really cool for the Reef Tour Wink!

Turbostud653 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbostud653 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2013 at 11:49pm
Awesome tank BOB!
Here is what a customer said while on hold Oh my gosh! Did you open the door? I told you not to open the door. Dre is in here completely naked and he's got freak'n Macaroni and Cheese in his hands.
JohnnyHeavens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2013 at 9:50am
Nice! Thanks for the follow up pics
@Home
300g System 150g-Cube Reef+60g Frag+WaterChange
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
txt anytime @ eightO1-seven5five-eighteen99
Scuba! PADI Pro DM/AI/TecDeep
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
Aquatic Evolution View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquatic Evolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2013 at 3:31pm
Clap  Looks awesome Bob!
thathiep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thathiep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2013 at 5:45pm
Very nice!! Love the mixed corals and very healthy fishes.  How do you maintain your system with loaded of fishes?  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic