Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello everyone!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Snowby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello everyone!
    Posted: March 07 2013 at 1:15pm
Thought it was about time to introduce myself and say HI. My name is Jeff and have been in Utah now for about 3 years. Moved all the way from sunny Florida to enjoy the great outdoors with my boys. I first got the saltwater bug when I was 17. I had just returned from living in Hawaii and was now certified in scuba diving. Got a job at Pacific Cove Oceanarium (was on state street I believe) as a diver and that solidified my love for the hobby. It was go time. Unfortunately at the time the technology was not what it is now. I remember drawing a compilation of all I could find regarding a filtration system. I still have the drawing of my first DIY wet/dry filter built into a 10 gallon tank. My display was a 60 gallon and for the time was great fun. I kept FOWLR tanks for many years until wife, kids, job, etc.. you know the drill. Kept some small tanks running to educate the kids but nothing expensive or over the top. Jump ahead about 20 years and here I am. Basically a beginner. But now its time to get on it again. My profession runs a bit parallel to filtration and pumps but I do it on humans. Seems theres a lot more to know regarding a whole ecosystem. I have been cruising the site for a few months now and am overloaded with information. So I want to say Thank you to all for creating and contributing to this site. I am looking forward to meeting and learning from whomever is willing. I'm currently in the build process of a 180 gallon reef and may start a thread to ask questions and post some DIY stuff. Am just building my Weirs out of acrylic now(cutting teeth and bending) since the tank was drilled but didn't have any. I'll save that for another thread. 

Again, am looking forward to meeting and trying to come to as many monthly meetings as possible. 

Jeff.
p.s. Oh, I know its short notice, but does anybody have a spare ticket for tonights banquet? I noticed it was sold out.

Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2013 at 1:20pm
Welcome Jeff!!!! We are always here for questions and answers and to help where we can. (except maybe the ticket issue ;)
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2013 at 1:36pm
Welcome!

I happen to be sick and have two tickets for tonight's banquet... They're $20/each (want to sell them together), which is what I paid for them. Let me know if you're interested!
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic