Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

can I add...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
benn3393 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benn3393 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can I add...
    Posted: April 20 2005 at 3:09pm

I have a 55gal, with about 52 lbs of rock.  Currently I have a yellow tang, and a volitan lion. some snails, and some crabs, and a black urchin. there's a couple of polyps, and with the rock I picked up yesterday a couple of unknown corals on them. 

I was wondering if I could add an anemone and a clown or if Tau would eat him..... or would I overwhelm my bioload?  I realize that Tau will be getting large quickly, and I figure I'll probably have to sell him one day.  Should I wait on clowns until then?

Randy in Cedar City

12 Gallon Nano
Bioballs
1 Damsel
1 Kenya Tree Coral
Hidden mushroom
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2005 at 3:17pm
Tau will eat the clown before you know that it's time to remove him.

Cannot tell, from the info you provided, if an anemone and clownfish would overwhelm the bioload. Please tell more about the filtration.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Kull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2005 at 3:48pm

The lion will eat whatever he can fit in his mouth.

BTW I hope you like the rock you picked up. I wish I would have known what day you were coming, I would have had you stop by my place and gotten you a few coral frags.

oh well.

-Daniel

"So this is what gives meaning to your life." -Unknown

Daniel in Santaquin
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2005 at 4:13pm

You might want to consider what to do with the urchin.  I ended up putting mine in my fuge.  They have a tendancy to dismantly your rock structure.  They like to get in between rocks and then flex their spines.  They can be suprisingly strong.  Of course if your rock structure is glued or otherwise held in place, it's probably OK.

Urchins are cool, though.

===========

Shawn Winterbottom
benn3393 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benn3393 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2005 at 4:46pm

kull-yes I love it.  my tank looks great.  thanks for setting us up.  Next time I'm coming up that way is the 27th.  I have to go to the Dentist in AF, maybe I'll get in touch.

Matt did have a couple of Corals on there that I'm hoping that you know the ID of.

One was purple and studded.  Later last night I noticed that it was "blossoming" some sort of polyp maybe?

also, a white tree type about two inches long.

Randy in Cedar City

12 Gallon Nano
Bioballs
1 Damsel
1 Kenya Tree Coral
Hidden mushroom
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2005 at 2:07am
Sounds like it could be Green Star Polyps and a Finger Leather.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic