Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Pimped out RSM 130D

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ClownFishAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Pimped out RSM 130D
    Posted: March 25 2013 at 8:46am
I have had to downsize to a smaller tank so I picked up a Red Sea Max 130D and have begun to upgrade it. Here is what I have done so far to it and I also would like opinions/ideas on what else I can or should do to make it better..

What is done so far:

1. Tunez9002 skimmer
2. AI Sol integrated into the stock hood
3. Fully integrated into my Apex instead of the original energy bar.
4. External carbon reactor via the upgrade attachment in the back
5. Red Sea Max Media Basket by inTank
6. Standard Upgraded Cup for the Tunez9002 by inTank
7. JBJ Nano-Zapp 3W Inline Submersible UV Sterilizer
8. Current Prime Nano Chiller 1/15 HP Dual Stage

Edited by ClownFishAddict - April 10 2013 at 8:06pm
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 8:55am
Nice I love these systems. I assume you somehow vented the hood with the led o the it?
You'll love the intank media basket they make things so much easier and that skimmer was my favorite as well.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 8:56am
Somehow missed the pic with the hole for the light. Will that be enough to keep the light cool?
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 8:58am
Originally posted by bstuver bstuver wrote:

Somehow missed the pic with the hole for the light. Will that be enough to keep the light cool?
so far so good. stays nice and cool. It has ran for 2 days no heat problems.Wink
HPballer76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HPballer76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 9:13am
Saw this yesterday, it is a very nice tank! Glad the skimmer is working out for you. Jackie that is actually your old skimmer btw.
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 9:14am
Nice lol:-)
Jackie Stuver

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2013 at 11:16am
cool setup!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2013 at 3:33pm
Just figured I would add a few new pics...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic