Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Perfect Timing....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mermaidcamille View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mermaidcamille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perfect Timing....
    Posted: March 26 2013 at 1:02pm
So the MH bulb in my coralife fixture went out.  I have never replaced the bulb and other than online I am not sure where to look.  To the best of my knowledge it is a 150 watt hqi bulb.  I can't access the bulb at the moment because I can't get into the fixture mostly because I can't lift off my tank hood by myself...and really probably shouldn't be lifting it at all.

I am slightly pressed on time as I am set to go to the hospital at 7 am tomorrow morning to give birth, which gives me a little time this afternoon, or it will have to wait until I get home in a few days.

So I guess the question is: Is there a place nearby I can find a quick replacement or does someone near South Jordan have a light hanging out that I can borrow until I am out of the hospital and can do something about it?

Lesson learned: Have a back up bulb.
135g...D.E.A.D

Welcome bright and shiny 120!
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2013 at 1:10pm
Are you crazy? Go have your baby!

The tank will be fine 'dark' for a few days... or get the hubby to do it (another day)

P.S. I don't have any 150 bulbs, but if you had a 250 fixture I have spares of those

- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mermaidcamille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2013 at 1:14pm
One side is working.  Do you think it will be fine until next week?
135g...D.E.A.D

BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2013 at 1:15pm
Yes. When you get a new bulb, cut down on the hours per day for a little while to allow the corals to get used to the light again.

Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2013 at 1:20pm
Camille, my tank did without a MH bulb over one end, 1/3 of the tank, for months.  Yours will be just fine for a few days.  During that time I'm sure someone can come over and help get another one in it.

I'd run by today, but I'm buried up to my ears in taxes and tax appointments and can't leave the office.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mermaidcamille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2013 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Will Spencer Will Spencer wrote:

Camille, my tank did without a MH bulb over one end, 1/3 of the tank, for months.  Yours will be just fine for a few days.  During that time I'm sure someone can come over and help get another one in it.

I'd run by today, but I'm buried up to my ears in taxes and tax appointments and can't leave the office.

Thanks Will.  If it will be fine I am just not going to deal with it until next week. Smile

Thanks guys!
135g...D.E.A.D

BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2013 at 1:29pm
Good Luck tomorrow! ClapClapClap

Pete Moss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2013 at 1:30pm
Camille. You're having a baby. Even if something in your tank went berserk and stuff died, I'm willing to bet you have tons of friends ( including myself ) who would help replace what you lost for free.

That being said, the tank will be fine I'm sure :)
125g 90g 2x33g 34g
What stores do I recommend?
Up North: Bill ( Saltwater Paradise 801-317-8115 )
Down South: Jerry ( Reef On 801-563-0600 )

Member of GCFB
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2013 at 1:51pm
Congratulations on the baby and don't worry about the tank. It should be fine.

Smile
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2013 at 1:51pm
No joke. Now is not the time to worry about a light bulb. It will be fine for some time with only one. Things may get a little less color...oh well.

I have tons of spares and one new one on hand if you decide to deal with it.

Good luck tomorrow! Looking forward to a new frag in the club!
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2013 at 2:22pm
Good luck with the new baby! Wish you were closer I too have a spare 150w you could have.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2013 at 6:07pm
These people are all crazy, don't listen to them.  If all goes well tomorrow you'll have time after giving birth to swing by a store for a bulb.  In fact I'll be someone here has an extra 150 used bulb they can spare.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2013 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by ReefdUp ReefdUp wrote:

Good luck tomorrow! Looking forward to a new frag in the club!

OMG - Camille is getting Fragged tomorrow!

ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2013 at 7:14pm
Hehehe...thanks Bob for catching my joke!   
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
suiso man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suiso man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2013 at 8:13pm
Good luck Camille!! Be safe and post pics of the new addition. Let us know if you need help with the tank!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic