Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anenome Melted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dexta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dexta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anenome Melted
    Posted: March 31 2013 at 1:20am
A friend was having trouble with his purple tipped anenome so he had me put it in my quarantine tank and it was doing really well for a few days then yesterday he melted into the sand. What is the best way to clean it out of my tank? I am surprised how bad the entire room smells with this thing dying so I wanted to check on the forum to see if it was safe to put my hands in the tank to remove it.
builderofdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote builderofdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 9:33am
Hopefully you have removed it by now, if not your fine removing it.
I would change a good ammount of your water and then put in fresh Charcoal to help with the smell.
It would not hurt to use a little product called Prime to help with the Amonia removal.
It's Not a Hobby It's an Obsession
150&210 Gallons of Madness and. Sanity! 801-850-4915

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65135&title=builderofdreams-feedback-post
MrBubbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 9:39am
I guess if you haven't taken it out yet, your friend can take it out tomorrow when he comes to help you plumb your 90. Thanks for letting me use you qt tank btw
builderofdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote builderofdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 11:06am
Not to be Contradictary but i would not leave that thing in there until tommorow.
Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow? Get it out ASAP.
It's Not a Hobby It's an Obsession
150&210 Gallons of Madness and. Sanity! 801-850-4915

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65135&title=builderofdreams-feedback-post
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by builderofdreams builderofdreams wrote:

Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tomorrow? Get it out ASAP.
Maybe! I've heard they can help control the saltwater addiction. LOL ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.   
Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams
griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2013 at 8:14pm
I would take it out and do a water change

Linn
Pay it forward...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic