Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

29g Zoa Garden Build!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
DanhNgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanhNgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2013 at 12:59pm
Ann. I have captain america for you.

--Danh
200 Gal Reef

25 Gal Nano Reef
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2013 at 1:12pm
PM sent
Pete Moss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 9:00am
Everything is looking great so far! Totally love it!
125g 90g 2x33g 34g
What stores do I recommend?
Up North: Bill ( Saltwater Paradise 801-317-8115 )
Down South: Jerry ( Reef On 801-563-0600 )

Member of GCFB
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 9:03am
Thanks Pete!

Moved Utter Chaos and blue hornets over yesterday. I plan on moving my clownfish over from my rsm as well as getting a good clean up crew this week. I'll upload pictures once I get more things moved over.
mOnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mOnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 8:14pm
Hey how much u spent on that custom mounting for ur led light ? I want to do somthing similar Also did u use nails or bolts ?
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 8:38pm
I spent like $10 for a 2x4 and hardware. I already had black paint, so I didn't have to pay for that. I used 3" wood screws to secure the wood together and put a metal corner brace on the under side of the mount to reinforce the join between the vertical and the horizontal boards.
mOnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mOnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 8:40pm
Sounds good Thanks Ann
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 7:22am
Skimmers working well, pulling crap from the tank most of which is probably from the once live, dead rock that I used.

Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 7:33am
Enough about the nasty skimmer juice. Where are the pictures of the tank and the stuff you put in it? :)
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Krazie4Acans Krazie4Acans wrote:

Enough about the nasty skimmer juice. Where are the pictures of the tank and the stuff you put in it? :)

Those will be coming tonight
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 12:41pm
Just one of many things in the tank....Utter Chaos

Day

Night

Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 9:34pm
Moved quite a few more frags over today and will post pics when things open up tomorrow.
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 9:19am
Pics coming this afternoon....

This is everything that is currently in the tank...
  • Oscellaris Clownfish Pair (moved them in yesterday)
  • 1 Peppermint Shrimp (moved him in yesterday too)
Frags...
  • Spidermans
  • Utter Chaos
  • Fire and Ice
  • Sunny Delights
  • Blue Hornets
  • Red Hornets
  • Darth Mauls
  • Emeralds on Fire
  • Kedd Reds
  • Incredible Hulks
  • Awesome Blues
  • Pink Zippers
  • Magicians
  • Candy Apple Reds
chris.rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 10:08am
Wow those utter chaos frags look amazing!
Ils sont fous, ces Romains!
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 5:37pm
Just a few pictures...

Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 5:39pm
I moved even more frags over today so I now have all of these in the tank....

• Spidermans
  • Utter Chaos
  • Fire and Ice
  • Sunny Delights
  • Blue Hornets
  • Red Hornets
  • Darth Mauls
  • Emeralds on Fire
  • Kedd Reds
  • Incredible Hulks
  • Awesome Blues
  • Pink Zippers
  • Magicians
  • Candy Apple Reds
  • My Clementines
  • Fruit Loops
  • Mary Janes
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 9:10am
Lost a few frags over the last week (literally lost then since they weren't glued down and I didn't notice they were gone since I've been very busy), including spidermans, blue hornets, darth mauls, emeralds on fire, pink zippers, and magicians. Planning to be replacing these within the next month while I work on getting the tank fully stocked and running properly. Still in desperate need of a clean up crew as well now that cyano is taking over the tank even though the nutrients are dropping quickly.

I also got an ATO built and installed the other day. A huge thank you to Fatman for all of his help with this!!

Will be uploading pictures tonight.
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2013 at 12:36pm
Sorry I never got pictures up. I sort of neglected the tank for awhile and focused on my other tank and the fish in quarantine. Anyways I got it back up to presentable standards and moved frags back over since I removed a ton of them a few weeks ago. Almost all of my zoas are in this tank now because my emperor angelfish will be going into my rsm soon and I'm expecting him to eat the remaining zoas.
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2013 at 10:07pm
Just a few photos to resurrect this dead thread...

ajsahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajsahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2013 at 11:15pm
Cool pics!  Looks great!

75g - In the process of building
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic