Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zoa Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fishyman19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishyman19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zoa Help
    Posted: April 12 2013 at 9:56am
I've got a couple colonies of Zoa's that are going to be taking over the rock work soon and would like to get rid of them. I can't take the rock out of the tank mainly because It's huge and has my Acros on it, and if I moved it, it may cause a collapse..So i need a way to kill them off, or if someone wants to come frag them they are welcome to have them.

Any help would be great! Thanks in advance.
90 Gallon mixed reef. Wife's 12 gallon nano cube mixed reef!
Bryce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 10:15am
do you have pictures of them?
65g Reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishyman19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 11:11am
I don't at the moment but I can take some tonight.
Bryce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 11:13am
Cool depending on what they are I may want to try to frag some off, usually you can pull them off parts of the rock that had holes or cracks or crevices where they grew over vs grew on.
65g Reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishyman19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2013 at 11:35am
Sorry I haven't posted picks, i've been trying to get over a cold for a couple weeks and it just got worse over the weekend..so once i get better i will post some pics
Jacknugget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacknugget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2013 at 11:47am
I bet one of those lazers floating around would do the trick.
125 Mixed Reef
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic