Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

24 Gallon JBJ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 11:19pm

we have light!

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 8:16pm

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 8:19pm
Looking good:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 9:26pm

thanks Jackie!

I moved my clowns over from the 12 gallon. I don't think they know what to do with all the extra room

chris.rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 9:55pm
On my phone the dead coralline rings look like jellyfish. :-)
Ils sont fous, ces Romains!
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 11:04am
Jellyfish would be sweet! ;)

chris.rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 11:06am
So what's the controller controlling?
Ils sont fous, ces Romains!
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 12:29pm
I don't have an aquarium controller on this setup yet.

The lights are dimmable and have their own controller for that and the mp10es also has its own but I havent added an aquarium controller yet.

Some comments regarding my fixture. Not as impressed with the build qualify of the replacement fixture although all the led's seem to be the same color lol.

The case on my other fixture was all around a lot nicer than this one. it had really cool rounded edges and just looked really well put together. This new fixture looks ok but It does look more like it was slapped together. but hey as long as it works.   I know these Chinese fixtures are a gamble in the first place. I still like this one over the tao tronics led fixture as the foot print of this one is smaller and the fans are also quieter.

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2013 at 9:41pm

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2013 at 4:01pm

skimmer is kicking butt!

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2013 at 4:07pm
I'm wanting to add a rbta. I gave one to my brother a few months back that was too big for my other nano and it has split. I tried to grab one the other night but it was very attached to the rock. will have to wait for one to move to the glass.

Other than that I plan to stick with mostly softies again, maybe try some birdsnest, montipora, digitata. Fish wise I may want to add a smaller wrasse once I have a screen for the top. Learned that lesson the hard way and more than once

will eventually add a fireshrimp too. I have one in my 12 gal and its become one of my all time faves.

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2013 at 3:31pm

Finally got an updated pic uploaded. Not sure what was going on but I couldnt add any pics for the last couple of days.

Anyways I finished up operation sand swap yesterday. I went with some aragonite sand from petco. the grain is a little bit bigger than I wanted BUT I like it a lot better than the sugar fine sand.

What I did was removed about a cup of sand and replaced it with some new sand every couple of days. I dont have a lot of livestock in the tank, 2 clowns a few zoos and some snails and crabs and everything seems to be doing fine.

I did have a set back this week. The power went out the other day and I guess when It came back on it fried my auto top off system. I know the power supply is toast but I cant tell what else is wrong with the system. The annoying thing is that I have all my equipment plugged into surge protectors. Oh well. Marine depot has the JBJ ato on sale so I ordered that yesterday.

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2013 at 3:51pm

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2013 at 10:48am

Thanks Ken for the nem!

Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2013 at 5:26pm
That is looking good Kyle.

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2013 at 11:13am
Thanks Mike! I cant wait to see yours up and running!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic