Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Australomussa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DMower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Australomussa
    Posted: April 16 2013 at 8:38pm
Anyone have one?  Any experience or photos that you want to share.  I did a search here and nothing came up on the subject.  I just bought a red and blue one.

Edited by DMower - April 16 2013 at 9:14pm
150 gal reef with 50 gal sump. Reef Octopus DCS-200 Skimmer. AI Sol Blues.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 7:43am
Aloha,

I googled and found this page which makes me believe that they require similar care as The Brain Coral and Bubble Corals because of the underlying skeletal structure.

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/06/25/australomussa-rowleyensis-colonies-timor-indonesia-put-coral-map/

Mahalo,
Mark Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
DMower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 8:30am
Thanks Mark. Forgot to mention I already did the google search thing and read all I could find before I bought it. Was looking for personal experiences if anyone had any.   They look really nice from what i found. The one I bought is a pretty small frag with great color. I'll post a picture after I pick it up tomorrow.
150 gal reef with 50 gal sump. Reef Octopus DCS-200 Skimmer. AI Sol Blues.
Aquatic Evolution View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquatic Evolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 9:19am
Care is actually more like a Chalice but they are much more difficult.  Awesome corals though!  One of my favs...
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 10:14am
I have one. They're particularly susceptible to a few pests, but yes, care is similar to a chalice...acan...and scoly.
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Cody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 11:56pm
Those are awesome.
Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 6:39am
I have two and really like them. Low in the tank seems to be best, while one likes it about 1/3 the way off the bottom.

Fat
February 4: Winter Banquet at the Living Planet Aquarium
Tickets: http://utahreefs.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=36
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic