Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Choosing a blenny

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
reefnfeef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reefnfeef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Choosing a blenny
    Posted: April 18 2013 at 8:55pm
I really like tail spot bennies. They seem to have a lot of personality.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaannd.... I'm broke
Nails12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nails12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 8:48pm
My favorite blenny is the Lawnmower, they will eat nuisance hair algae. But out of the two you stated. I would choose a midas. They are a bright yellow with awesome blue eyes. And will usually swim more in the water column compared to that of the bicolor. 
This is more than a hobby; its a lifestyle.
80cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 1:15pm
Cool. That activity is what I had seen, but I had wondered about the benefits of the bicolor's algae eating. I guess if I'm a responsible reefer is shouldn't be a problem, right?
rize2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rize2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 12:17pm
I didn't really have algae, so I never saw it eat it. Seeing Midas blennies around they seem to be out swimming more often. My bicolor was always out, but it was just chillin on rocks, not really out in the open water. I like the color and the way the midas blenny swims better too. I haven't owned one, thats just what I noticed from working in and going to fish stores.

Edited by rize2 - April 18 2013 at 12:18pm
80cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 10:51am
So you liked the bicolor-- why the change? Just changing things up? Did you find that the bicolor helped with nuisance algae? 
rize2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rize2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 10:29am
I had a bi-color blenny and really liked it. That being said, I'm getting a midas in my next tank. 
80cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 10:18am
I'm planning out my 50 gallon reef tank, and am trying to decide between different breeds of blenny. I know that they don't get along in small quarters, and I'm torn between the Midas blenny and the bicolor blenny. 

Anyone have experience that has given them a specific preference? Thanks! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic