Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm back with an odd idea

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
willrileyiv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm back with an odd idea
    Posted: May 18 2013 at 6:58pm
so after my tear down and move to washington, I'm back in Utah and pick up a tank this week.
originally i was going to get a small cube but decided to get a slightly bigger tank and try something ive never seen

so i  am getting a 134 gallon, 6 foot x 2 foot x 18 inch tank
installing an internal sump to make it an aio but you ready for the catch......

it will be in the middle of the tank!!!!!!!

one side will be fish only, thinking, valentini, blue spot, cubicus and long horn cow fish with a forest of kenya and xenia maybe cloves

other side will be mostly sps, and a few select zoas, one rose bta with a pair of naked clowns and a few select fish to add color and personality.

any comments on my idea. ive never seen it done so im stoked. pics will be step by step

11 year old tomato clown named cherry

2 gal, 30 gal, 32 gal, 65 gal and 210 gal
aquablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 7:02pm
Interesting idea, the centered AIO filtration would work perfectly for partitioning it that way. 
29G Rimless BioCube | DIY LED
12G Nano Cube | DIY LED

Member of GCFB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 7:07pm
thats what i thought. im tired of picking between coral or fish that i want lol so why not make 2 tanks in one if i have the room. ill keep the post updated.

using 1 250 watt led fixture on each side

plus want a filefish on the fish only side.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 5:27pm

Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 8:02am
Is the AIO section going to be big enough to run a skimmer and hold a fuge? Seams like it would need to take up a large amount of the tank space in order to be large enough to effectively filter that size tank. Not trying to be a downer just wondering if there is more to the reason we just don't see tanks like this?
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 4:34pm
It will be big enough for both. Ill fogure it.out and keep you posted

icenine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icenine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 4:43pm
You could try to configure the refugium portion to be at the front of the tank so that it would be on display, leaving the equipment walled off behind it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic