Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kenya tree

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kenya tree
    Posted: May 06 2005 at 12:20am
I have one that's been growing out of control ever since I got it.I have about four frags of it growing in my tank so if any one wants some of it just let me know.Not asking for money just ever frag you think is worth it.
The Eyes Of Texas Are Upon You.

Hook'em Horns.
benn3393 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benn3393 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 3:34pm

do you have a picture of it?  I think I have one, but mine doesn't grow.  I wonder if I'm doing wrong.  If you're ever headed south--I'm in Cedar--I'd be interested in a frag-mine is really little.

Randy in Cedar City

12 Gallon Nano
Bioballs
1 Damsel
1 Kenya Tree Coral
Hidden mushroom
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 7:21pm
I would love one.
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
nick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 7:37pm

So sorry Benn I don't have a camera to take pics  my tank takes up all my spending money how sad.Btw benn where is Ceder, is that south of salt lake, or south of our small depressed state of Utah.(Depressed state of Utah).Hey it was in the news last month,so I did not just make that up.

Jake,I have a pretty good size Kenya tree that's attached on a rock you can have.You can call me any time this weekend at 201-2968.

Edited by nick

Hook'em Horns.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by benn3393 benn3393 wrote:

I think I have one, but mine doesn't grow.

Kenya do not do well in all tanks. Of course I say that about every coral that's not doing well...

Where is the Kenya located in your tank? If it is downstream of another coral, it may be inhibited by that corals chemicals.

Do you have either a skimmer or periodically use activated carbon? These things clean the water so that more kinds of coral can grow.

Kenya, in good conditions, is self propagating. These are some frags:

Edited by Mark Peterson
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
nick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 8:43pm
Hey Mark, it there a way you can control this propagation.And to you think the can sting other corals cause mine just keep propagating and growing all over the place.

Hook'em Horns.
benn3393 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benn3393 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 11:10am
it sits on the top of a rock that sits in front of a powerhead, so it gets fair water flow.  do I need to move it? does it need better light - cheapo 18" strip lights. yuck.
Randy in Cedar City

12 Gallon Nano
Bioballs
1 Damsel
1 Kenya Tree Coral
Hidden mushroom
pmpt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 1:43pm
Ya, it will probably need better light. Depending on how close you have it to the top of the tank.
benn3393 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benn3393 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 2:15pm
Nick-yeah I'm in the depressed state of Utah-Cedar city is about 45 minutes north of St. George on I15.  that's about 3 1/2 ~ 4 hours south of SLC.
Randy in Cedar City

12 Gallon Nano
Bioballs
1 Damsel
1 Kenya Tree Coral
Hidden mushroom
pmpt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 3:10pm
Randy- I took a semester down at SUU. Theres practically nothing in Cedar. Where do you get your fish stuff?
benn3393 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benn3393 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 11:02am
I go down to Doc's in St George.  It's not terribly far away, though I'll never understand why everything in that town closes at 7:00pm.  Tracey does a great job down there and is going to end up with a very impressive little store.  There's one store here in Cedar, but she's got about 3 tanks worth of SW stuff, so not much to build on there.
Randy in Cedar City

12 Gallon Nano
Bioballs
1 Damsel
1 Kenya Tree Coral
Hidden mushroom
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic