Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

stolen radion pro and vortech mp40

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
96slowbra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 96slowbra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stolen radion pro and vortech mp40
    Posted: June 11 2013 at 5:09pm
Had a bbq this weekend and now I am down a new in the box radion pro and mp40. The radion pro was an upgrade that was in a gen 1 box. Mp40 never left the box. Out of town this week so those those that can keep an eye out on ksl and such..

Thanks
Benny
105 rimless
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 5:20pm
YIKES!!! Sorry to hear that.
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 5:27pm
That is horrible. I sure hope it finds its way home . . .

Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 5:33pm
Do you know everyone that came to the bbq?
Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 5:34pm
Lojack for reef tanks...

Patented by Nikki...hehe
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
JohnnyHeavens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 5:42pm
Wow-that sucks. I'd guess EcoTech will have the SN as part of the upgrade. I'd let them know too.
@Home
300g System 150g-Cube Reef+60g Frag+WaterChange
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
txt anytime @ eightO1-seven5five-eighteen99
Scuba! PADI Pro DM/AI/TecDeep
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
96slowbra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 96slowbra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 7:37pm
There was a couple of friends of friends, but all seemed to be safe to have in my house. it just sucks to think that after eating my food, drinking my alcohol,and hanging out at my house they needed to help themselves to almost $1500 worth of my stuff.

I'll call ecotech tomorrow morning.

105 rimless
AcroNem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcroNem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 8:59pm
Damn I'm so sorry to hear about this, I hope everything gets worked out. Let me know if you need any help.
801-850-7577 Justin
Jeepkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeepkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 9:11pm
Oh man thats low. Sorry to hear i really hope you get your stuff back.
Brian.

"It's a Jeep thing!"
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 9:17pm
I'd call the cops...get a police report...then file with the insurance company...
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
reefnfeef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reefnfeef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 9:38pm
It would seem the person who took it is versed in reef equipment . I know a lot of my friends would have no idea what a mp40 or ecotech radion is worth.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaannd.... I'm broke
Softplan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softplan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 9:38pm
Check pawn shops with the serial #s with you and hope they didn't file them off.
jcoulter17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 9:50pm
Makes me want to stop showing people my tank. I had a brand new drill stolen from my house. I had the serial # and the police found it at a pawn shop later that week. The bad part is I had to pay the pawn ticket to get it back but the police knows now who he is now and I do too. It was a friend of a friend that was at my house.
DMower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 10:52pm
Make a police report so the pawn shop database can be checked for the property. Quick and easy way to find stolen pawned items in the state.
150 gal reef with 50 gal sump. Reef Octopus DCS-200 Skimmer. AI Sol Blues.
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 1:56am
you should not have to pay a pawn to get it back!!!!!!! It was paid for by you once. you can have the police come and get your stuff back . after all it is still receiving stolen property even if they 
 didnt know it was stolen . had this happen with some tools before.
jcoulter17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 5:50am
Akira, you would think that but in Utah you have to pay for what the pawn shop bought it for and then you get it back when the person that stole it goes to court.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Softplan Softplan wrote:

Check pawn shops with the serial #s with you and hope they didn't file them off.

You would just have to plug a radion in via USB to get the SN :)
@Home
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 8:58am
Originally posted by jcoulter17 jcoulter17 wrote:

Akira, you would think that but in Utah you have to pay for what the pawn shop bought it for and then you get it back when the person that stole it goes to court.

If it's too much then you could also put them on notice that it is stolen. Reference the police report and tell them you will be adding it's location to the police report. They also can't sell something that is known/believed to be stolen. Let them be out the money while you wait for court. If they sell it after knowing it's stolen, they could be out the replacement costs.
@Home
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
suiso man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suiso man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 9:16am
wow!! This sucks!! I would start asking the people that came to the bbq. Let them know that your filing a stolen report with the police. and let them know that you won't press charges if it just shows up on your doorstep.
Jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2013 at 9:47am
I doubt someone would try to pawn these ( how would the pawn shop even know what its worth? Call an Aquarium expert like on TV ?? )  but criminals are usually pretty dumb so maybe they would.

You're best bet is to narrow down the suspects from the people at the party. You probably have one or two in mind right?  Tell them that you know they took the items ( someone told you, you saw them, etc. ) Then tell them if they don't return them you are calling the police and giving their names. HTH

It's a shame this happened but this equipment means nothing to most people, you should be able to figure out who took them.   In the future always remember this " There's a thief in every crowd".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic