Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

90g Upgrade Complete!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
justchillinuno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 90g Upgrade Complete!!!
    Posted: June 17 2013 at 1:57pm
So exciting news in my house(Justchillinuno and JustBrittuno), we purchased the amazing 90g tank/stand from Jeffm on the site. We are looking to upgrade our 55g we currently have in the livingroom. Our plans are to move the 55g to the other side of the room. Rip up carpet and replace with tile flooring under the tank area. We will also be re-reinforcing the floor under the tank as its over a crawl space and we dont want to take any chances! 

We will keep pictures and updates as we prep/add/build the new tank. Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated as Im sure I will have many questions for all of you and any help would be great! 
This is our Current 55g tank loving life! 

So here we go!

Day 1 - 6/15/2013 - 
Pick up tank from current location - Tank and sump ready to go! 

Tank in temporary location in the Kitchen until we can get the 55 Gallon moved!

Edited by justchillinuno - April 21 2014 at 8:21am
55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2013 at 2:07pm
Nice! That was a great price on Jeffs tank.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2013 at 2:08pm
Indeed, had to snatch it up before anyone else did =) We are very excited to get this up and running but we are wanting to take the time to do it right! 
55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2013 at 2:11pm
Good idea:) Good luck I am sure it will look great once it's done.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2013 at 3:32pm

You are off to a beautiful start!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2013 at 4:09pm
Update - Purchasing electrical and lumber materials this week. Plan on doing concrete tomorrow for the floor bracing we are doing. We are also looking to run our new pony breaker and electrical this weekend! 

I am also considering doing the 55g move on sunday!

Will keep updating as progress is made! Cant wait to get it in place!
55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 10:32am
Update - 55g Tank is MOVED!!!!!! Over the weekend we moved the tank across the room to allow space to tile and prep the 90g for setup! We currently have the carpet ripped out and BackerBoard and tile will be set in the next day or 2. Planning on getting the power up and running this weekend so we can move/setup the 90 and begin the fun process of filling her up and starting the cycle!!!!

FINALLY PROGRESS YEAH!!!! =)
55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!
speyside712 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speyside712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2013 at 2:27pm

Sounds like we are in the exact same situation.

I currently have a 55 gallon tank and decided to upgrade to a 90 too.  I had to move the 55 to set the 90 in its place and begin preparations for the new tank.  After it was moved, I painted the wall behind where the new tank will sit, did some new electrical so that I have more than one breaker running the multiple outlets near the tank, and have now finally moved the new tank into position!  I'm stuck with the 55 in my bedroom at the moment while I work on setting up the new one.  (I'll be selling it on here when i'm done moving everything over).

I've got the stand painted, the tank completely plumbed for the 35 gallon sump, dry sand, and dry rock in and all super glued into place (decided to start dry and let it run a full cycle for a few months first).  No water yet though, I bought the tank and stand used on this site and decided to reinforce the stand a bit, as it looks pretty wimpy to be holding up 1300 pounds.  I'll be reinforcing it this week, then we are on to the water!

So it sounds like we are at about the same point in preparation.  I'll be starting a tank thread of my own here in a couple days, i've been taking pictures as I go.

I'll look forward to watching your progress as I go too, we all love lots of pictures.  Keep us posted on how things are going!  Nice to know i'm not the only one out there that always wants a bigger tank.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2013 at 2:41pm
Thats awesome you too are doing a similar build! I have been slacking on posting pics but here are a few of the progress...

As of now we have carpet cut, and tile in place. We are getting electrical connected Thursday Night after work. My plan is to have water in the tank This next weekend or the weekend after at the latest!!

55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2013 at 2:43pm
In addition - We recently purchased 50lbs of liverock for the sump, a Bubble Magus Curve 5, and some new lights for our 36g holding tank. 

Still need to get plumbing squared away, and get this thing moved into the living room!

Current 55g is in the living room across from the current build spot!
55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2014 at 9:51am
Well Finally the days have come! I have been busy the past 4 days getting the 90g up and running finally... Its been a LONG wait but worth it as its all done right and its looking great so far! Hopefully in 3ish weeks we can move over the 55g!!!

The Plumbing Plans - 

The plumbing fit - 

The finished plumbing - 

Baffles installed - 

Tank Filling open cabinets - 

Sump Full and cloudy from Figi Mud - 

Centerpiece rock branch piece - 

Tank Full and Cloudy - 

Tank Full clearing up - 

Tank full and almost clear! 2 days of filter sock cleanings. 

55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!
SNOWRIDER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNOWRIDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2014 at 12:30pm
Looks good, how about some pictures off what you had to reinforce. under neath in the crawl space.

75g Just starting out, Stand and canopy From Richins carpentry.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2014 at 12:39pm
We actually didnt reinforce the floor as the back 8 inches of the tank sits on a main beam for the house! But we did get the 4 plug GFI installed on a pony breaker and the tile down!
55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2014 at 8:19am
Well this last weekend kicked my butt... We got the 55g moved into the 90g and all fish/ coral/ inverts are happy from what we can see!!! Here is a pic of it 95% done! Hope to get a few more good ones today as we are just finishing up the minor things to dial it in!!! 

55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2014 at 2:16pm
55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2014 at 8:31am
Longer vid in HD... Click on the settings and make it 1080 to get it clear!!!

55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2014 at 3:18pm
Had fun this weekend finding new fishmates.... 

Weekend additions include:
2 Female Indian Ocean Lyretail Anthias
1 Male Indian Ocean Lyretail Anthias
1 Yellow Coris Wrasse
1 Yellow Tail Tamarin Wrasse
1 Scooter Blenny 

Currently the tank is thriving and happy!!! 
55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2014 at 3:34pm
I like your choice of fish Justin!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2014 at 4:12pm
Why thank you! Have to give credit to my Wife (JustBrittUno) for the want of only beautiful fish in our new system... AND... I could not agree more =)
55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2014 at 10:30am
UPDATE:

Our sump cracked a Week ago and with the Help of Mark P getting it out of the way and cleared out it wasnt as bad as I expected! Thanks again!! And thanks to OCD reefs for installing the new sump!

New one!
( Pic to come soon - Thought I had one since completion)

Current Tank Status - 

Click Pics Below for Videos!!!

Slideshow of random tank pics:

http://s51.photobucket.com/user/justchillinuno/slideshow/90G%20Display%20Tank

Current Fish List 

90G Display Tank
Fish - 
2 - Black/white clowns
1 - Sand sifting Diamond Goby
1 - Spotted Cardinal (Zombie Fish)
1 - Spotted Mandrian (Spot)
1 - Scooter Blennie  (Scoot)
1 - Bi-Color Blennie 
2 - Female Lyretail Anthias 
1 - Male Lyretail Anthias (August)
1 - African Exquisite Wrasse (Diablo) 
1 - Male Solorensis wrasse (Sherbert)
1 - Six Line Wrasse (Sixlet)
1 - Cleaner Wrasse ( Crazy Wrasse Jr)
1 - Purple Firefish (Purp)
1 - Yellow Damsil 

Inverts-
2- Cleaner Shrimp
1- Harliquin Shrimp
2- Anemone's (RTBA/Hot Pink)
Cleaner Crew ( Hermits and Snails Oh My)

Bowfront 36G
Fish -
2 - Orange/White Clowns
2 - Yellow Damsils 
1 - Green/Blue Chromis
1 - Valintini Puffer

Inverts 
2 - Long Spine Urchins
Hermits and Snails

Edited by justchillinuno - September 16 2014 at 10:40am
55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank