Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tank Swap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
justchillinuno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tank Swap
    Posted: June 18 2013 at 2:12pm
Hello all, we (justchillinuno and justbrittuno) currently have our 55g tank in our livingroom. We are wanting to upgrade into our new 90g we purchased and have it in the same spot. I would like to know recommendations on how I should go about moving the 55g out of the way so we can tile and put the 90g in the same place.

Currently my plan is to removed the lifestock and place in my holding tank or in a 55g bucket with some of my live rock that has coral on it. Then I plan on lowering the water to sand level to reduce the weight. After the water is out I assume with some help i can move the stand and tank across the room so there is room for the 90g. After its moved I assume I use the water I pulled from it and replace the rock... let it settle and then re-add the fish....

Just want to know if my gameplan is correct or if I am missing anything... Dont want to loose any fish and figure i could cycle the 90g better this way! 

Thoughts folks?
55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic