Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tank crack

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ajsahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajsahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tank crack
    Posted: June 25 2013 at 4:11pm
it is slowing leaking.  I have been moving and cleaning all day.  Now i am in need of a 75g drilled tank

75g - In the process of building
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2013 at 4:17pm
Ouch

I have an empty 55 with stand and powerheads you could borrow and I also have lots of 20 gal aquarium tanks and tubs.

Aloha,
Mark Hug
808-345-1049
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
ajsahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajsahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2013 at 4:20pm
i have several small tanks set up.  I saved all the water.  So if I up it back into the new tank can I put all my life stock right back in as well?  

JohnnyHeavens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2013 at 4:20pm
No tanks but I have a mag9 and some buckets tho I'm a ways away

Edited by JohnnyHeavens - June 25 2013 at 4:20pm
@Home
300g System 150g-Cube Reef+60g Frag+WaterChange
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
txt anytime @ eightO1-seven5five-eighteen99
Scuba! PADI Pro DM/AI/TecDeep
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
ajsahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajsahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2013 at 10:49pm
got everything looking better it was not a crack got to the bottom all cleaned up and the silicon was leaking.  ahhh this made me a happy lady!

rize2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rize2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2013 at 11:00pm
Thats great news! If you don't already have silicon, Granger has Momentive RTV103, that is what commercial tank builders use. 
ajsahm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajsahm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2013 at 3:13pm
So I have worked so hard yesterday and all day today!  got all my cute fish back home and not a leak to be seen!!  the coral well we will see how they adjust.  So as I was refilling my tank with the buckets of water I saved I fell of the ladder and on to a power strip which electicuted me as the water fell.  :(  so then dumb me an hour or so later tried to plug something in to the the same strip and ...ZAP!!!!.... yep another good shock.  So now my over flow is so loud and i cannot quiet it back down.  ugh! 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic