Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Office Tank/ Nerdyness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Office Tank/ Nerdyness
    Posted: July 30 2013 at 8:51am
Well after much thought I decided to go with an Innovative Marine 8 gallon for my office. I ordered it last night off of marinedepot.com and took advantage of their 15% off (sale that ends tonight).

After considering a lot of different options I think this will suite me best for what I'm looking for. I'm also excited to start with a brand new tank as both of my current tanks I purchased used and although you can get a great deal going used, I'm excited to be the first owner on this one.

I plan on keeping it lightly stocked with maybe some mushrooms, gsp, kenya tree and a clown goby or some other type of small fish.

Pictures will come as soon as the tank arrives.

Edited by ksmart - December 30 2013 at 11:56am

justchillinuno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2013 at 9:43am
I have plans to do the same with a small 5g nano!!! Good Luck and I cant wait to see how its coming along to help in my setup!
55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 1:42pm
received a nice big package today at work! tank came! I'm way happy with it. I think its exactly what I was looking for. Pics soon to follow.

Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 3:37pm
That's good news. I'm patiently waiting for the pictures!

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 7:24pm

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 7:25pm
I plan on finding it a different stand but this will do just fine for now. I'll be bringing in some sand and water with me tomorrow to get it wet :)

reefnfeef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reefnfeef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 8:00pm
The nuvos look so clean
aaaaaaaaaaaaaannd.... I'm broke

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 9:09pm
Very clean. I like it!

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2013 at 11:05pm
Im pretty impressed with this tank I must say. Innovative marine makes a solid tank ill say that. I'm excited to get some water in it tomorrow!

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2013 at 8:48am

tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2013 at 12:10pm
Good looking tank! Been thinking of there 24g myself. I can't wait to see what you put in it!!
Creating my own ocean
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2013 at 11:17am

getting there

Bryce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2013 at 9:37am
I had this tank and enjoyed it, I got sick of topping it off with fresh water but thats true of any tank without an ATO. InTank makes a sweet media rack for it as the one it comes with isnt very good and water basically just goes around it, not cheap but its is well made  and designed http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Innovative-Marine-8-Media-Basket-IM8MR.htm. I also had the IM rotating return nozzle but it would make water hit the lid brackets which would then slowly make water drip over the side. Good luck with the tank its a lot of fun.
65g Reef
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2013 at 12:01pm
yeah I noticed it does have a lot of evaporation. I'm thinking about putting an acrylic piece over the back and adding an ato. Also not sure if you saw my other post in diy but I chipped the front. I accidentally bumped the front top corner with the lid. I put some windshield repair resign in it this morning. Im just hoping that it makes it not so noticeable. I'm not worried about the integrity of the tank it just irks me that I did that.

I've got pics posted in the other thread.

Oh and I'll eventually remove the stock media basket. I typically don't use them on my tanks. I'll probably end up throwing a little bag of carbon back there and maybe some filter floss and leave it at that.

Edited by ksmart - August 06 2013 at 12:21pm

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2013 at 11:23am

added live rock last week. I think my next order of business is an ato. lots of evaporation in this tank. I think for this ato system I am going to go with a TOM Aquarium Aqua Lifter Pump. I've seen them on amazon for 15 bucks or so. anyone here have experience with these?

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2013 at 11:27am
I also got my heater about a week ago and threw in some frozen shrimp to get the cycle going. I seeded the tank with the 2 first pieces of rock from my 24 gallon and a cup of sand also from my 24 gallon. I tested for ammonia on Friday and it tested at 1ppm. will bring in some more food to toss into the tank this week and I'll test for ammonia again this Friday.

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2013 at 10:55am

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2013 at 10:57am

just messing with the settings on my new phone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2013 at 9:30am
That is looking good Kyle and ATO is a huge convenience in my book though it would worry me to have one on a tank at work.

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2013 at 6:46pm
Thanks Mike! Would it just worry you that the ato would get stuck on? I figure I'm at work more than at home anyways so if there was a problem I'd probably be there lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic