Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cardinal fish....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1stupidpunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1stupidpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cardinal fish....
    Posted: July 31 2013 at 1:41pm
Im debating wether or not i want to try to breed some cardinals... I see lots of info about people rearing banggai's but not much info on anyone breeding/rearing other types. I think it would be neat to try to get a pair of yellowstripped cardinals but cant find much info as to if they will breed in captivity.
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2013 at 6:30pm
Bangii are the only cardinals that "babies" are released fully developed. All other cardinals are mouth brooders, but "babies" are released in the larval stage. Most will spawn in captivity. Some can easily be raised on rotifers and some are hard as they are so small when released, and some haven't been raised in captivity.
 I think it would be a great project. Let me know what you decide  and I will see what info I can dig up. 

Edited by sabeypets - July 31 2013 at 6:37pm
Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams
jason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2013 at 7:52pm
Most small fishes will spawn in captivity instead of resurching how to breed them may I say look at where and how they live in the ocean then recreate that as beat you can they will spawn then it is just figuring it out from there.
if wishes were fishes we would all have some
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic