Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wrasse Mystery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
80cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wrasse Mystery
    Posted: August 06 2013 at 1:50pm
No, not a mystery wrasse, I just have a question about wrasses in general. I have never owned one, but I am reading online, and a lot of species say that they harass certain kinds of snails and shrimp. Do all wrasse species do this? Can I have wrasses and a cleanup crew?
80cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2013 at 3:46pm
Maybe this was a bad title...
fishyman19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishyman19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2013 at 4:17pm
I think like you said that it depends on the wrasse. I have got a Yellow Coris, Mystery wrasse, a Christmas, a Red Head Solon Fairy and a McCoskers Flasher wrasse. The only ones I've ever seen go after things is my Yellow Coris and the Christmas wrasse. I had a Harlequin Shrimp, sexy shrimp, a glass anemone shrimp and some porcelain crabs. They all were getting along great until my yellow and Christmas reached a decent size then I noticed that they had started to disappear. They don't however seem to bother my snails or hermit crabs too much. I see the occasional hermit parts floating around, but I think it's mainly due to the bigger ones taking them out.
90 Gallon mixed reef. Wife's 12 gallon nano cube mixed reef!
djknauss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djknauss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2013 at 5:28pm
stay away from the lunar wrasse, it will pretty much eat anything it can - snails, small hermit crabs, smaller fish
55 gallons of impulsive additions and subtractions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic