Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My new 20 gallon w/ video clips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bobn4burton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobn4burton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My new 20 gallon w/ video clips
    Posted: May 17 2005 at 10:00am

I just got my 20 gallon up and running for almost 2 weeks now.  I have had a lot of help from Mark...as I know many have on this board.  Everything thing seems to be going pretty well so far.  I have 16 little baby clowns that I got from Mark and also two coral frags...1 Xenia and I can't remember the name of the other coral.

Anyways...I just wanted to post a couple small videos of my tank and new coral additions because most people usually post pics so I thought I'd post a video.  I was quite happy to see my Xenia start "pulsing" quite vigorously after I put it in my tank.  It only took an hour or so for it to open up and start moving.  It seems like I have seen a little growth in my other coral as well...anyone know the name of this thing...its a bright green in real life...Mark?

Anyways...here are three little clips of my tank and new corals.  The third clip is with just my actinics on and I was hoping the video would show more of the bright green color but it didn't

I still have some diatom on the sand...but it looks like it might be subsiding a little...I hope.

http://www.blaserpc.com/Aquarium1.MPG

http://www.blaserpc.com/Aquarium2.MPG

http://www.blaserpc.com/Aquarium3.MPG

Edited by bobn4burton
meterman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2005 at 2:47pm

Cool clips...  They didn't work for me if I left clicked, but worked great when I right clicked and did the "save target as" to my hard drive.

What are you feeding the little ones?

Alex
bobn4burton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobn4burton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2005 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by meterman meterman wrote:

Cool clips...  They didn't work for me if I left clicked, but worked great when I right clicked and did the "save target as" to my hard drive.

What are you feeding the little ones?

Hmm...I'll check my links...they should work with a left click.  I feed them a mix of green/red flake, small golden pearls, and cyclopeeeeeeeze.  They eat like crazy.

**EDIT**  I just tried to left click all three links and they all seemed to work fine for me.  Hopefully they work for everyone else.

Edited by bobn4burton
phuntsman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phuntsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2005 at 3:28pm

They wouldn't come up for me either unless I saved them and then viewed them, looks like you are off to a good start, you will soon learn just how addictive this hobby is.

Preston

Preston, Coral Springs FL
180 Reef, SPS Addict
some1h8sme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote some1h8sme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2005 at 4:50pm

The tree looking coral on the left of your videos is a leather.  Not sure of the name, but I have one like it that Mark was so cool to donate to get my education in corals going.  Nice vids

BTW the vids worked for me when I clicked on them.

John Grandjean

Draper

30 Gal/20 Gal sump&refug

10 Gal Nano

Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2005 at 6:55pm

Great clips.  For the record I also had to right click and "Save As".  Worth the trouble though.

I believe the green coral is Green Nepthia.  I have several in my tanks as well.

It looks like you're off to a good start.  If you need some more small leathers call me sometime at 913-5634.  I'm in West Jordan and have frags of several different leathers for sale for $5 each.  I may also have a few shrooms to throw in.

dkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2005 at 9:22pm
Very nice.  I love the school of tomato clowns.
If you can't bedazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bs!
Dinhkim Le - Procrastinator extra-ordinare
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic