Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new guy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
laroc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote laroc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new guy
    Posted: August 27 2013 at 9:17pm
Hello All
Been looking at forum for pointer for a long time. Finally decided to join

So now to the addiction. I have a 3g pico that picked up from a friend at work after things went sour. I know little tanks are hard to keep but I learn the hard way.
Well it has been a year and things are good but not without some loss.This is no ordinary pico it's on steroids haha.
 It  has a 10g refugium with a
  •  slimskim ( love hydor), chaeto, about 4 inches of sand, and liverock rubble. Some might be saying wait 3g display and 10g refugium shouldn't that be the other way around. It will be upgraded to two 20 g long tanks. Thinking one SPS and the other LPS but not sure yet.
Now what is in the tank
        coral
  • branching torch coral
  • duncan
  • chalice not sure which one orange with green eyes. There will be question about this guy
  • I believe a purple tort
  • dragons eyes zoas
  • toadstool leather
  • couple of mushrooms
coral that i lostCry
  • alveopora didnt know what i was getting into but did last for several months
  • xenia after fragging I know these thing grow like weeds how can anyone kill them
  • frava but this one was sick to begin with
tank mates
  • hermit crabs red and mexican
  •  2 cerith, 2 nassarius, 3 nertile snails
  • and BURT my yellow watchmen dont worry he is fine ( little guy right now) and loves his home. Tons of personality
  The two 20g longs are waiting for the DIY liverock I made to leach out all the lime. Hopefully about another week. Well thats all I can think of for now there will be questions and lots of them.
Happy reefing to all.Ying Yang
Always be leery of a fish farmer...wait or is it a pig farmer?
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2013 at 9:21pm
Welcome! It sounds like a nice set up, how about posting some pictures?

laroc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laroc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2013 at 6:43pm
Will do . Try to snag some pictures this weekend
Always be leery of a fish farmer...wait or is it a pig farmer?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic