Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weeeee

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Placebo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Placebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weeeee
    Posted: September 05 2013 at 11:05am
Hi, I am new here.  I am looking to get into the hobby and have been doing research for about a month now.  I read a couple of books and a lot of online forums and finally stumbled into this site.  I wish I would have found it earlier as it seems to have all the information needed to get into the hobby.  Kudos as it really seems like a willing and helpful community here.

I am hoping to start two tanks.  First one will be small, looking at the 24 or 28 Nano although I haven't bought a thing yet.  I am out of the country for the new few weeks but am planning on jumping in with both feet as soon as I get back.  Second one will be much bigger but is a year or two down the road when I have more space in the house to put it.  I am still trying to learn what I can before I jump in so I appreciate all the helpful threads everyone has around the forums. 

I don't have any experience to speak of with any of this.  About 10 years ago I did my PADI certification and have been diving around the world since.  Every time I dive I just think about how much I wish I could take a piece of the ocean to my house but just haven't ever done it.  It turns out that now is a good time for me.

I live in South Jordan and work as a software engineer designing flight control computers for commercial/military aircraft.  I have been doing this for about 14 years.  Married with 1 child.  I travel a fair amount so i'm working on getting my wife involved so she can help out when I am away.

I am looking forward to being a part of the community. Smile
DMower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2013 at 11:13am
Welcome!
150 gal reef with 50 gal sump. Reef Octopus DCS-200 Skimmer. AI Sol Blues.
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2013 at 11:23am
Welcome! Hope you find all the information you need and if not please ask questions.

Edited by Krazie4Acans - September 05 2013 at 1:04pm
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2013 at 12:45pm
Welcome!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic