Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

400 Gallon Starphire Build - Mixed Reef

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2013 at 8:07am
+1
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 10:31pm
I must say Aaron.  Your passion for this is great to see.  I'm sure this will be a very beautiful reef soon.
You have made all the right moves by going around and seeing other aquariums and taken all the steps to build Your tank with all the equipment that you believe to be the best for your tank. You have spent many hours researching, and talking to many experts in the trade, so that you could put together a special system that you can enjoy for many years to come.  Your patience is commendable , the trouble you have gone through the last 8 months would surely discourage many others, but you stuck with it and it is finally going to come true. Bravo my man, Bravo. Clap
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
love2skiutah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 8:45pm
$150 for these flipping Loc-line parts.  Why didn't I invent this?  

Got a small shipment from Bulk Reef Supply today.  1/4 inch tubing for my Vertex Libra dosser.  A couple of float valves for the R/O line that will drip into the sump.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 8:43pm
I'm really excited to try these DC pumps out.  This pump has a variable speed controller so that I can adjust the flow into the skimmer.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 8:42pm
The box for this skimmer was so flipping big, it took up my entire front seat on the way home.

This thing is huge compared to my skimmer for the 120.  And YES, we had Dairy Queen for dinner. Sorry about the messy pic. haha 

BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 2:39pm
Aaron -

That tank looks "Fan - Flippin - Tastic!!!

ClapClapClap

- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 10:46am
I'm in Centerville, so if anyone is ever in the area, just message me.  You're always welcome to come check it out.  I want to have water in it next weekend and hopefully I'm cycled by Thanksgiving.  
Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 12:34am

Edited by Fatman - November 11 2013 at 7:02am
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2013 at 11:52pm
Looks great!!!!! I hope you'll be on the reef tour next time around.
Boxerboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2013 at 11:37pm
Very inspiring! Hope to see it in person!
120G's
Radion/T5 Combo
Vertex 150 Skimmer
Apex Controlled
SPS LPS & Softies
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2013 at 2:58pm
Looking awesome!!!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 8:34pm
Looks really good I can wait to see it it person! 
220g , large elite aquatics sump. 3 Radion Pro Gen 3 lights 3 Mp 40's
derekgurney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote derekgurney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 8:26pm
This is going to be a sick setup! Keep posting the updates!
Scott B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 8:18pm
Sweet, cant wait to see it come together. Taking notes for my build
28g jbj led nano, 150 g mixed reef, skimz skimmer, AI blue sol's, Reef Angel controller, wp40's, aquamedic reef doser
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 7:40pm
Beautiful! I look forward to watching this grow!

Jeepkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeepkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 7:36pm
Wow I wish I had the room and budget to take on something like this! Very jealous, looking forward to seeing more of this build!
Brian.

"It's a Jeep thing!"
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 7:17pm
Wow nice!
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 6:30pm
Congrats! 
I love (large) tank builds. Watching these things go together is as beautiful as a full blown reef. Many people like to forgo the "cycle" but I for one love the process. I long to build another large system but my wife pleasantly let me know there will not be another tank build without another house build. Looks like it will be awhile. Keep us updated with lots of pictures.
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

ch3tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ch3tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 6:26pm
Looks amazing! Looking forward to watching this one come together!
Red Sea Reefer 625 XXL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 6:23pm
1/4 inch line ran directly from my 6 stage RODI unit downstairs.  This will go into the sump with a float valve. 

I've got more Ecotech on the way... 

I got this from Ryan at Aquatic Dreams.  This thing is huge.  Will be running the BRS bio-pellets. 

For my refugium and night time mode...

Tyler just sent me a pic of my sump. Should be finished with all the extras later this week. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic