Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

400 Gallon Starphire Build - Mixed Reef

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author
Fishfinder07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fishfinder07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2013 at 10:58pm
I just wanna say I'm not sure I have ever seen a more Beautiful well thought out setup. I love everything about this build so far and will for sure be following it as it grows. Keep those updates coming!
love2skiutah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2013 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Fishfinder07 Fishfinder07 wrote:

I just wanna say I'm not sure I have ever seen a more Beautiful well thought out setup. I love everything about this build so far and will for sure be following it as it grows. Keep those updates coming!

Thank You - I've had a lot of time to think about it, so I think it's paid off. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2013 at 10:00pm
Day 16 of my cycle... Patiently waiting -  

Opened up my lights today and will get them mounted later this week. 

These are the controls for the return pumps and for my Skimmer.

Here is a shot of what is going on with all my controls.  It's insane how much stuff is under this cabinet.  I'm glad I took the time to plan it out or else it would have not fit right.    

Here is a front shot of my Neptune board. 

Got my dosser hooked up to my 1/4 inch lines directly into the sump

T'd in my Vertex reactor for my media (Will add it in a few weeks).  I turned my Skimmer on the lowest setting.  I don't want to skim anything yet because I have no cycled all the way yet.  

I decided to go with the BRS bio-pellet -  

This is for the wife :) Got 2 of them under the cabinet -  They will send me emails and texts if it detects water 

Elite-Aquatics View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elite-Aquatics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 8:23am
Looking good man!
Premium aquarium filtration!
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 4:50pm
Fantastic build!

Scott B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 5:02pm
Awesome!!!
28g jbj led nano, 150 g mixed reef, skimz skimmer, AI blue sol's, Reef Angel controller, wp40's, aquamedic reef doser
jbutler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 7:17pm
Looking good man! Can't wait to see some livestock in there.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 7:24pm
The morning of the mwrf, I thought I had a small trace of ammonia, but I'm pretty sure I just messed up the number of drops for the test because I was in a hurry.

So I'm on Day 17 and no ammonia....

Ugh
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 8:41pm
Have you decided on how your going mount those bad boy lights yet ? Slide mounts or fixed?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Akira Akira wrote:

Have you decided on how your going mount those bad boy lights yet ? Slide mounts or fixed?

I'm not sure yet. I'm going to get them mounted on Friday. I'm leaning towards the ecotech hanging kits as of right now...
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 10:24am
Let me know if you need something. :)
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 11:11pm
Finally get to work on the lights....  I received the other 2 today. 

Several of you have PM'd me about this box and how it works.  As you can see one end goes from the dosser to the sump and the other end goes through the hole and down the back of the box.  It pulls the liquid from the bottom of the box.

Edited by love2skiutah - November 12 2013 at 11:12pm
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 11:15pm
Love it.Thumbs Up
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
fishnfresh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishnfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 12:39am
Very nice and clean looking love it
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 10:18am
It is looking really good.  I can wait to see it with the lighting up.  Then with the fish and corals..... Well now that I think about it.  I really think that you should move this tank to my house and I will keep an eye on it for you.  Yes I think that is a much better plan.LOL
220g , large elite aquatics sump. 3 Radion Pro Gen 3 lights 3 Mp 40's

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2013 at 4:50pm
Today, I decided to start messing around with the programming on the lights and get them mounted.  

Mounting the power supply's was kind of a pain because I couldn't figure out where to put them. I settled for the front of the tank and moved them to where I thought they would not be in the way when I change have to work on equipment.  You can't really see them when you are looking into the cabinet from the front.

I decided to go with the Radion hanging kits.  At first I printed off the manual and went over to Home Depot thinking I was pretty smart and that I would find all the parts. NOPE -  They are a little over priced at $45 a piece, but after I spent an hour at Home Depot and pretty much giving up, I decided these kits were a good, SIMPLE and EASY investment for the installation.  

They make it very simple for the installation.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2013 at 4:53pm
This is the inside of the cabinet tipped on it's back so that I could mount the buttons. 

Some zip ties, a level and tape measure and we are good to go!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2013 at 4:57pm
ANNNDDDDD... We have light!  It looks like I'm getting a lot of micro bubbles from the skimmer I just turned on.  I can make some adjustments and dump the outlet into a bag if I have too.  I will play that by ear over the next few weeks. I threw in a couple shots of the scape with the lights on it. 

kody72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kody72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2013 at 5:02pm
Looks really good and clean. I like it
KODY72 FISHROOM BUILD
281g DT
187g Rimless Frag
ATI PM lighting
SRO DSCR-300ext
P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2013 at 5:44pm
Looks very clean. I love your scape and all the swim space it gives. I think it will look amazing when you get some colonies growing in there too!
Preston Kapp

210 Gal Reef
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
  Share Topic