Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

macro lens

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
peiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: macro lens
    Posted: February 11 2014 at 2:16pm
I just ordered it off of ebay. There are dozens of them. I just found the cheapest one as a test. There are some as expensive as $80 but I don't know the quality difference: 
Jared Page
Highland, UT
Graphic Designer
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2014 at 10:30am
Where did you get your lens at Jared?
peiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2014 at 10:24am
I just took this with a $5 macro lens for my iPhone. But as has been stated, you have to get super close and the depth of field is extremely narrow. 

Jared Page
Highland, UT
Graphic Designer
laynframe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laynframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2013 at 12:46pm
my daughter has a point and shoot digital with a macro setting, pretty decent and i think it was under 300, nikon i think
The time we enjoy wasting isn't wasted time!!!!
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2013 at 12:58pm
You can look for a used DSLR and a low end macro zoom lens and probably find the whole package under 500$
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2013 at 12:06pm
I have taken and posted macro images using both a magnifying glass and a jewelers loop.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
fishnfresh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishnfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 1:50pm
ok that is kinda what I was wondering. So what is a good camera setup with a macro? all I seen was ones that cost like $500 and more. Is there a decent one for like $200-$400?
laynframe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laynframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 6:28am
I have used the macro lenses. They work pretty good, but you Jane to get super close to the coral. I used a cup and shot photos that way. You can't really shoot from outside the tank with them
The time we enjoy wasting isn't wasted time!!!!
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 1:54am
you can do the same thing with a cheap lens out of an old laser pen. Be aware that the macro lens only decreases the close focus distance, which means you just have to get closer. If you're looking to do something from in your tank, you may want to look at something that simulates a macro zoom.
fishnfresh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishnfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 1:16am
I seen a few that they now make for cell phones. I have a Note 3 and goin to see if I can find one for it. Has anyone used these? Are they worth getting?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic