Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sort of new here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
robbrouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbrouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sort of new here
    Posted: November 13 2013 at 4:46pm
Hello all.

Guess I should of already posted here.  But here goes. I have been keeping freshwater pretty much on and off all my life, about 2 years ago I bought a 56 gallon Column tank and turned it into a Salt Water tank. DIY over slow with a 10 gallon sump, HOB skimmer.

It was ok at best, but got my feet week so to speak.. About 6 months ago I set up my 75 gallon,with a DIY 20 gallon long sump. did a cycle with ammonia and about 3 months ago moved everything over. 

Happy to say nothing died in the move.  I bought my first in sump skimmer over the weekend and getting that broke in. Made my share of mistake soaked the carpet to many times, but my wife is forgiving and enjoys the hobby almost as much as I do.. 

Want to start adding to my corals, she wants some Candy Cains so after all is skimming well and work settles down a tad will be add a few as well as a Yellow Eye Tang.  Join Club at Reef Fest and hope to make a few meetings. 

Robb
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 5:03pm
Welcome!
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
Lewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 5:06pm
Welcome.  Hope we can help.
40 gal w/ 20 sump
griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 5:19pm
Welcome - You've found a great club, with many helpful people.

Linn
Pay it forward...
love2skiutah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by robbrouse robbrouse wrote:

but my wife is forgiving and enjoys the hobby almost as much as I do.. 

Until she finds out how much more you're going to spend... LOLLOL

WELCOME!! 
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 6:18pm
welcome! yup you found the best peeps around!

tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by love2skiutah love2skiutah wrote:

Originally posted by robbrouse robbrouse wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">but my wife is forgiving and enjoys the hobby almost as much as I do.. </span>

Until she finds out how much more you're going to spend... LOLLOL

WELCOME!! 

haha Love2skiutah said it right welcome though can't wait to see your build.
Creating my own ocean
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 9:19pm
Welcome!

Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 9:37pm
Welcome to our addiction!!!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2013 at 12:24am
Welcome!
JohnnyHeavens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2013 at 8:01am
Welcome
@Home
300g System 150g-Cube Reef+60g Frag+WaterChange
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
txt anytime @ eightO1-seven5five-eighteen99
Scuba! PADI Pro DM/AI/TecDeep
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
bmac2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmac2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2013 at 10:50am
welcome to the jungle!!!  These people are a bad influence.  They will convince you to spend money, buy bigger tanks and just all round be a fish nerd.  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!

oh, and Reefdup will try to scare you will all her bug stories and pictures.  My wife spent 4 solid weeks staring at the tank hunting bad bugs after listening to her talk!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic