Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

50 gal. build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
catchoftheday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catchoftheday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2015 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by R Trim R Trim wrote:

Tank blacked out. PhosGuard and charcoal bags in the sump.

Adam: the rock aquascaping was dead rock but live rock and live sand was added to the sump. The tank cycled nicely. Everything was a happy camper until the onset of the long hair algae and not this other stuff. I have dosed with phytoplankton for the past months hoping to help the corals.

We'll see what comes of this next regiment.
Thanks for the input all. Mucho appreciated.

Bob

Hope the black out helps , I know when I did it the tank water was so clean
I currently have a 24 gallon JBJ all in one tank has two powerheads a phosphate reactor with the small bubble skimmer it is also powered by 2 X165 W LEDs and as a mixed reef
catchoftheday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catchoftheday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2015 at 10:00pm
Any update on the tank ?
I currently have a 24 gallon JBJ all in one tank has two powerheads a phosphate reactor with the small bubble skimmer it is also powered by 2 X165 W LEDs and as a mixed reef
R Trim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R Trim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2015 at 10:07pm
Yep. Turned the lights on about mid morning today. Rocks look really clean. But by 7pm, I was seeing the starts of the stuff again. Snot with snot bubbles. Just bits here and there. Tomorrow morning I'm going to start a syphon vac and scrub the rocks. We'll see what happens after that.
But a definite improvement.
Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic