Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nick's 300DD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2014 at 11:04am
Added a couple fish and a few tester corals all seem to be doing well so far =)

Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2014 at 11:05am
Wow, those are some great tester corals and fish!

pitboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2014 at 3:25pm
Tank is looking good I like the way the stand is coming out as Im getting closer to doing mine as well.I like the the self you put on it looks good.Here in the next couple of week I need to stop by and hook up on some of those sweet corals you got as I have plenty of room now.
Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2014 at 7:14pm
Well its been one month to the day since I've added salt to this tank.

Finally finished the canopy wood work yesterday, I wanted to match the crown on the canopy with the crown that we did on the stand, but I didn't want the canopy door openings any smaller than the frame I had put up knowing that every once and a while my torso might have to be in that canopy =)

... So after buying quite a few small crown pieces (2 inch or less) from home depot and holding them up to the tank we just decided the detail was too small on the smaller pieces of crown, and that they wouldn't match the bulkiness of the stands detail so we decided to make our own. We literally glued every square on with hot glue *Thanks again to my friend Mike for coming out to help on this* Anyway I think it turned out really nice! =)

Now I just need to do a little more polyurethane and touch up, and I'll order the canopy doors tomorrow and once they are done I can finally sit back and enjoy this tank!

Also put a few more corals in this tank today... although It might take a while for it to not look so barren.

Edited by Nick801 - February 23 2014 at 7:20pm
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2014 at 7:17pm
The clam shell looks like both sides from the reflection. It's cool!
Ghetto Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghetto Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2014 at 8:48pm
Amazing!  I'm going to have to come over and buy some frags so I can check out the progress!
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2014 at 8:52pm
It looks even better in person and I can't believe how much he got done in the last week!

Sahin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sahin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2014 at 6:04am
Stand/canopy looks awesome! 

Tank looks very nice too!  Is this going to remain bare bottom? - Apologies if this has been covered already somewhere in the thread.
Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2014 at 7:04pm
Thanks guys... yeah its still bare bottom... =)
I finally got the canopy doors on yesterday. and added a few more corals to the tank.

Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2014 at 7:52pm
Wow it is looking great!
Matt Savage

"Tattoos and Street Bikes"
Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2014 at 2:26pm

Few quick cell phone pics from today =)
LaRue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2014 at 8:32pm
Looking great
ctreeftank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctreeftank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2014 at 7:53pm
What like did you put in your refug?
Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 9:12pm
Where you asking what light on the refugium? just a home depot daylight compact fluorescent I usually go for the 100w equivalent

I'm right over the 3 month mark now so might as well update... still haven't done a water change at all from when I filled it with hose water maybe I'll get to that this week=)
I upgraded my ReefBrite to the 5 foot version and planing to upgrade the halides soon as well
starting to get some coraline algae growing, and I'm already starting to run out of spots for corals.
anyway here are a few quick cell pics from today

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 9:37pm
Looking good! Saw this tank in person last week and loved it!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Sahin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sahin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 2:17am
Wow, looking great! Clap
justchillinuno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justchillinuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 10:28am
Impressive build! Looks amazing... im puzzled though how you used "Hose Water" to fill your tank!
55g - RIP - Moved to 90g
36g Bow holding tank
90g Reef Tank
Dreams of many more!
Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2014 at 5:48pm
Well I had the camera out today and decided to take a few... Its pretty hard to take a full tank shot of this tank so I just ended up taking quite a few pics of corals.
I also gave in and added sand over the last few days... and currently trying to catch a Sohal Tang so excuse the trap. as you can see in the first pic, thats about as far as hes gone near the trap in over a week, even with me feeding them out of it everyday!

jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2014 at 6:07pm
Great shots !!!
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
will View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2014 at 12:26am
dude i am so ghey for Nick builds... freakin awesome as always
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic