Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help me with my pajama cardinal!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
charbel101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charbel101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me with my pajama cardinal!
    Posted: January 21 2014 at 9:27am
I got a pajama cardinal from like 4 days ago he's so beautiful and he seems active but he's not eating anything i tried frozen food but he's not eating and i tried formula frozen one and formula frozen two and flakes all my fish eats except him i'm really worried about him maybe it's stressed or something i'm really getting crazy :/ Headwally my water is perfect i tested from 1 week ago no ammonia i have this tank from 2 months and more i think everything is established i don't want him to die Frown and i heard that he's nocturnal i did try to feed him at night but he's not eating sometimes he put some in his mouth and then spit them out and swims away :/ i really wish somebody can really help me with this :s 
We don't keep fish we keep water =)
Crazy Tarzan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Tarzan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2014 at 9:45am
try mysis, brine shrimp, and or cyclopeze.  Live brine or mysis if you can find them.

I always try and have the fish store feed the fish before I purchase them.

Bangaii Cardinals can be hard to get to eat, so it wouldn't suprise me that a pajama cardinal might also be difficult for feeding.
Was that in there yesterday? Casper--WY windier than ?

Down to a 20, soon to double or nothing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charbel101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2014 at 9:51am
Let me tell u somethings about my country i live in lebanon which we don't have a lot of choices and food so i can't find whatever food i want or i see on the internet the most common food here if formula frozen food and flakes so what should i do :(? he would die or he will get used to his food :/?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Tarzan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2014 at 10:34am
look for a frozen cube meaty salt water mix, usually high on brine shrimp and mysis--see if you can read the ingredients. 

Defrost a cube and use a pipet or syringe to spot feed the fish.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charbel101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2014 at 10:40am
Mhm...im using right now forumla frozen two which it's full with meat :/ i can't get any new food for now :s 
DMower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2014 at 10:44am
De thaw it first and smash it up.   Try that next.
150 gal reef with 50 gal sump. Reef Octopus DCS-200 Skimmer. AI Sol Blues.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charbel101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2014 at 10:45am
how i can de thaw it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Tarzan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2014 at 10:47am
let soak in about 15 ml tank water until the food breaks up into a soupy mix (defrosted) and feed that.

DMower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2014 at 10:48am
Get a cup with water from your tank. Place the cube of frozen in the cup until its soft/squishy. Then smash it up. Pour the cup of food a bit at a time by the hard to feed fish.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charbel101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2014 at 10:55am
oh maybe it's not eating it because it's frozen like cold ?
DMower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2014 at 11:03am
Those gel food cubes are not as natural as the other frozen varieties on the market.  Breaking it up will help. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charbel101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2014 at 11:15am
I will definitely try this in the morning and if anything new happened i will come back here for some help thank you guys  Smile  i heard that some pajama cardinal fish take like 1 week to start eating it's because of he didn't get used to his new environment 

Edited by charbel101 - January 21 2014 at 11:16am
Jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2014 at 11:39am
Isn't Formula 2 the Herbivore formula? Could be wrong but either way I doubt your Pajama Cardinal will eat it. IME I had a Bangaii Cardinal that would only eat Mysis or Brine. I had him for years and he would not touch anything else.

Get yourself some Mysis as soon as you can. Good luck
DMower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2014 at 11:00am
So. Lets are some pics.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic