Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

corals look like an umbrella

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
timmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: corals look like an umbrella
    Posted: January 25 2014 at 6:06pm
has anyone had this problem?  I've had them for about a month or two now and slowly one by one as they have gotten bigger have started to turn into what looks like an umbrella.  They still seem to be doing fine minus looking like this.
Tim
LaRue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 6:17pm
Usually means they need more light move them up higher in your tank
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 6:20pm
It does look like they are stretching toward the light. I don't know why the center is up and the skirts are down though.

timmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2014 at 7:50pm
ill move em up in the morning and see if that helps em out.  it seems like they are really thick too, will they become thicker if they aren't stretched out and don't look like an umbrella?
Tim
timmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2014 at 7:12pm
So I moved them up today a d they still look the same.  Also after the light goes out they remain open.  I know a lot of people have problems with them even opening or not staying open.  Has anyone had this problem of them not closing?
Tim
LaRue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2014 at 7:37pm
Give them a couple days to adjust
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic