Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Steve Tyree and Frank

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steve Tyree and Frank
    Posted: June 11 2005 at 3:48pm
Is there any way we could get these guys here to speak and have a frag swap like they did today in st. George? I know I would pay twenty buck to attend a meeting like this. If you want the more exotic corals it's a good way to pick them up without paying shipping costs I know Steve could give us alot of help in organizing the affair.  Frank told Susan today that he would like to come see my tanks and alot of others. Hell if need be I could host it in my garage.

Edited by bugzme
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2005 at 3:58pm

Is there any way we could get these guys here to speak and have a frag swap like they did today in st. George?

We've had Steve Tyree here twice already.  Yes it is easy to do.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2005 at 4:22pm
Is there anyone else that has exotic frags we could bring in?
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2005 at 9:03pm
I have talked to Rommel of ultimatefrags.com today and he is going to try toget 3 or 4 of the growers for exoticreefs.com to set something up for the club.
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2005 at 11:30pm

Crap Jeff!  I think you've got it real bad... Acronitus.  I only hope your health insurance will cover you.

If Rommel comes I hope he brings his tank!

Edited by jfinch
coreyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2005 at 12:04am

LMAO
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2005 at 8:23am

Well I have my "listening ears" on so we'll see who is interested and whom people suggest for a visitor.

Adam

smatney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smatney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2005 at 9:46am

If there is enough interest, I would love to have Frank Burr come for a coral sale.  I think we should ask for a percentage of the sale.  I know I would purchase some coral.

It's a good questiont though Adam, because this is expensive coral.  At least $50 for a frag.  People don't tend to want to spend that much for a frag but this IS rare. 

How does everyone else feel?

It was fun to do the coral trade at the same time because they could see what we had as well.  But...we do that every month.  But what about a multiclub meeting (with WMAS getting a percentage of the Burr/Tyree sales)?  We could invite Las Vegas and Idaho and then see some stuff we don't ususally see?  That's what I liked.

Edited by smatney
Susan Matney
Farmington, UT
coreyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2005 at 2:51pm

Personally, I wonder how much interest their really would be. I know that 50$ - 100$ for a LE coral (or even 300$ for a Tyree Purple Monster) is a bit much.

I know that I might buy one or two frags, but my tanks are over-packed as is. Until I upgrade a tank I have a moratorium on new corals. Something in = something out.

I like Susans Idea of a multiclub meeting/frag swap.

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2005 at 3:01pm

But what about a multiclub meeting

I like Susans Idea of a multiclub meeting/frag swap.

We have one of these planned in July.  No one really jumped on it, but I'll be there.  Is anyone else interested in heading to Boise and bringing some frags on July 16th????  I'll go bump that topic right now.

Adam

jordanh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2005 at 4:36pm
Coreyk no problem there, just buy as much as you want and give me what you need to take out of you tank. I think I would buy about 1 $50 frag but I don't think I'd spend much more than that. I might be interestd in a trip up to Boise to get some frags; I just don't have any frags to trade yet.
coreyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2005 at 6:17pm
Coreyk no problem there, just buy as much as you want and give me what you need to take out of you tank

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 12:10pm

Greetings everyone!  I saw the post and I would like to help out my fellow reefers.  If there is a large group of interest I always welcome a huge discounts.  Jeff has been my regular costumer and he acknowledge that I give few freebies and discounts.  I will do my best to get the Ultimate frags for you guys.  If there is any wish list you guys like please let me know.

thanks in advance,

Rommel

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 12:11pm

Originally posted by coreyk coreyk wrote:

LMAO

If I can carry them my self I will be happy to

bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 4:47pm
Rommel How are you doing? Glad you could get time to post in our forum and welcome.
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 10:36pm

Hi Jeff,

It is nice to hear from you David and I were trying to call you when he was here last week.  I hope all his frag made it all ok  That was the first someone had to drive the frags back, but I made sure he had proper insulated styro just in case.

Rommel

jordanh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 12:40am
Hey Rommel, I just checked out ultimatefrags.com; great SPS frags! I wish I had more room in my tank!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 9:17am
 If you see my display tank it is so pack, I got few SPS growing on each other.  I had to set another propagated tank to hold some of the frags.
tropoasis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropoasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2008 at 2:55pm
Now here's an old thread to dig up LOL

If you would be interested in having me come up there as a speaker, I would love to drive up and see some of those fantastic Utah tanks and meet with people.

Any interest??  Big%20smile

"Person with large reef tank.....have small wallet"
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2008 at 2:59pm
Nice to see you here again.  Wow, it has been a while LOL

I'll make sure this offer gets put on the agenda for the next presidency meeting.

Adam
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic