Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

spot on clown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xessive force View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xessive force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: spot on clown
    Posted: February 04 2014 at 7:36pm
what are the black spots on my clown.  It reminds me of when my clowns from a previous tank started hosting in their rbta.  I have not seen this pair anywhere near the rbta though. 
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift that's why they call it the present.
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2014 at 7:54pm
Like you said, it looks like hypermelanization - usually associated with hosting. Has it tried to host in a frogspawn, torch, or other coral that you've noticed?
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xessive force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2014 at 10:54pm
Not that I have seen but I will keep watching. Hoping they are starting to host .. Wish my RBTA did not move to the back side of the rocks where I can't see it.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift that's why they call it the present.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xessive force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2014 at 10:56pm
Double post

Edited by xessive force - February 04 2014 at 10:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic