Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Innovative Marine Nuvo 38 cracked

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jeffreyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffreyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Innovative Marine Nuvo 38 cracked
    Posted: February 16 2014 at 1:09pm
After 4 months of being set up, my aquarium cracked and leaked out all over the floor.  Fortunately I was standing there.  I came home from work to see a 1 inch hairline crack in the front left rounded edge about 1/3 down from the top.  As I stood there the aquarium started to leak out the front side.

Fortunately I had a Rubbermaid 50 gallon trash can near by.  I was able to get it under the water pouring out and began siphoning.  I saved the fish and placed the live rock in the Rubbermaid.  I had thousands of dollars of corals.  My carpet stinks and the wood on my bar is now had a dark color.

The local dealer that sold the tank would only give me the number of the rep.  Innovative marine is telling me they will send a new tank out and I should have it in 3 weeks to a month.  I'm supprised they did not give me the tank in the local pet shop.

JeffreyG
jeffreyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffreyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2014 at 1:36pm
I am trying to save the corals and have been wondering if I even want the Innovative Marine tank.

I am thinking of having a custom tank built.  I have had two other tanks sitting on this spot for over 10 years without a problem.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to what to buy?

The bar space is 24" wide and needs to be an all in one.

Another local dealer has offered to store my corals in an empty tank they have set up.  I know that I will be doing just about all of my business there.
JeffreyG
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2014 at 1:41pm
I would consider a custom Aquarium Creations tank.

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2014 at 5:24pm
Wow, how lucky to be there at the right moment to save everything. Big smile
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
jeffreyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffreyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2014 at 5:34pm
Yes Mark - How lucky for me that someone other than who I purchased the aquarium from would offer to keep the corals.  It's going to be a month to get a new tank.

JeffreyG
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2014 at 7:19pm
I had mine break after about 6 months. It was taken care of and the new one has been running for about a year now. Mine had the divider for the back separate. Innovative Marine was great to work with.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
jeffreyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffreyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2014 at 10:13am
Innovative has said that they will send me a replacement.  It's about 3 weeks out.  Curiously, the nuvo 38 is being replaced by a 40 gallon cube.  Pretty much the same tank.  The new one is higher quality glass, no rounded corners and comes with a rubber mat.

Sounds like they have had lots of these break
JeffreyG
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2014 at 10:25am
Much better IMHO. I'm not a fan of rounded corners on glass tanks.

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2014 at 1:55pm
This scares me a bit seems I have this same tank and not very good luck
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2014 at 12:25am
I would not be surprised if the company had a customer service policy of replacing the tank upon request, even before it fails. Can't hurt to call and find out.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic