Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3' 65gal build w/Pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
superman1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2014 at 11:26pm
The tank looks fantastic! I love the rockwork. How are you liking the 65 gal? I've had my eye on one for a while, but haven't "taken the plunge" quite yet.

Edited by superman1981 - December 16 2014 at 11:26pm
Sure you are, you are Crappy Reef Club Member #1 -Chk4tix

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
Crazy Tarzan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Tarzan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 8:33am
I really like the 65 gal.  I've had multiple tanks though this one is the biggest I've set up, and this size has a very nice depth vs length (1/2 deep as long), the 18" front to back lets you put some 3 dimensional aspects into the rock work.  The added height vs a 40 breeder is helpful too.

My next favorite tank size is a 4' 120gal, which also has 1/2 depth vs length (actually had one, but never got it set up Cry).

And in all actuality, this tank is already feeling small to me Shocked, and will only get more so as corals grow in.
Was that in there yesterday? Casper--WY windier than ?

Down to a 20, soon to double or nothing
Crazy Tarzan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Tarzan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2014 at 11:35am
Have had the lights going 7hrs a day on timer for about 1.5 wks now.  Some updated pics.  I can now see notable growth in 2-3 days on some of the faster growing corals.  I did have to hide my green birds-nest down near the bottom in back.  It was brown, and polyps were not extending with it being up on the top of the rock work.

Was that in there yesterday? Casper--WY windier than ?

Down to a 20, soon to double or nothing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic