Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I need a fish trap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
love2skiutah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need a fish trap
    Posted: March 05 2014 at 6:52pm
Does anyone have one I can borrow?  If not, I'm buying this mini spear gun on Amazon and I'm going to harpoon the crap out of them. 

I hate Tangs.  
Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2014 at 7:11pm
Whats your tang eating or attacking? and what type of tang is it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2014 at 7:29pm
Kole Tang - It turned albino white cause it's sick.  Ask Allen, it's completely wacked out.  It's 3 inches and tries to kill fish that are 4 X's bigger than it.  It killed 6 Anthia's and 3 pygmy's.  

It's like it goes into convulsions every night then goes crazy and tries to kill everything.  But since I'm taking it out, I might as well take out the Yellow Tang and my Tongan Fox Face.  I just don't like the Fox Face and it's so Ich prone anyway.  I'm agreeing with Brad on this one. Tangs are the worst fish ever.  Besides six line wrasses haha
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2014 at 7:55pm
I have a trap, in Centerville. I'll take the fish as well

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2014 at 7:56pm
You can have the yellow and the kole!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2014 at 6:26am
Is there any algae, especially Macroalgae in the tank for those Tangs to graze on? Diet is extremely important to health and well being. The Tang's natural need is to spend most of its day grazing on algae. It needs to eat a lot of algae. Without grazing opportunities a Tang can become territorial and in the worst case, frantic and aggressive, as you have discovered. Unhappy In a group of Tangs, with little algae to graze on, a Tang's worst traits may be turned toward the weakest of it's tank mates, those that cannot defend themselves.

Also, I avoid dry fish food in favor of fresh lettuce and frozen foods that contain algae. Three examples of the best fish foods are Emerald Entree, Spirulina Enriched Brine Shrimp and fresh caught/frozen Great Salt Lake Brine Shrimp.

Aloha,
Mark Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2014 at 7:14am
I've eliminated my algae problem, but there is plenty to graze on with 300lbs of rock in the tank. It's not diet, because they get fed frozen 2 times a day with a handful of algae sheets as well. Every fish is colored super nice and bright in my tank except this one. This tang is sick and it's been this way for months. I get zero aggression with the other 25 fish in the display. I'm making the decision to pull out the yellow, just because I want to add some other angels that are similar to it. I do pull out a baseball size of 2 different kinds of macro everyday and then throw a little into the display when I do it. There's 4 fish in there that love it.

Edited by love2skiutah - March 06 2014 at 7:17am
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2014 at 7:49am
Awesome! for the tank.Big smile Sorry to hear about the deranged Kole.Unhappy
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic