Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Salt is hard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
80cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salt is hard
    Posted: March 13 2014 at 1:16pm
I'm positive that you're right, and it is water from my tank. I'll put it in a storage room from now on. Thanks for the help guys.
bmac2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmac2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2014 at 11:35am
don't waste it, when that happens I use a hamer and a big flat tip screw driver and chunk it up.  Usually only the top couple of inches are hard. Then I use it like normal.  It is only water vapor/moisture from the air.  Probably moisture in the air FROM your tank. 
Aquarium Creations 300 gallon tank
Stand by Dion
LaRue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2014 at 11:16am
Just dissolve it in some water it will be fine it will just take longer to dissolve.
80cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2014 at 11:07am
I have a bucket (well a quarter of a bucket of salt) that didn't get sealed correctly and has gone hard. I now have to chisel it out with a trowel. Is that salt bad? Can I still dissolve it and add it to more tank or did I blow it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic