Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeremys 150 G

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2015 at 2:47pm
Awesome! My daughter would be in love with all those clowns!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2015 at 2:50pm
Oh i forgot I have 3 in the sump as well.... Hoping to add a few more in there. hehehe my family tells me I have a clown issue.... Wink

Edited by Jeremyw - March 17 2015 at 2:51pm
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2015 at 3:02pm
Hi,

Do the clowns not fight? How did you introduce them, if you don't mind me asking. I want to have four in a 70G, with two pajama cardinals. There is plenty of room to hide and I would not add any other fish.

In theory, that is a good amount and the bioload/fish per gallon is not too high, but I know they are notorious for fighting.

Awesome tank too, I love all the clowns.

Marcos

Edited by jwoo - March 22 2015 at 2:04pm
RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2015 at 3:05pm
I put them all in at the same time. I didnt acclimate them either. I dont acclimate any of my fish. They do not fight. I do feed them 4 or more times a day to make sure there is no food aggression. 

Thanks all! 
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2015 at 2:04pm
I've found that if you keep small groups of clowns they can fight. Like 3-5. However it seems when you keep larger groups they won't. (more then five). Type of clown also really makes a difference. With Osc and Percs they tend to be pretty peaceful. I've also mixed osc and skunks with no issues at all. I would not do large groups of tomatoes or clarkis.
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2015 at 8:39am
Great info! I am going to try adding several clown fish next month, once my tank is in the clear. If they fight, I can move them to another tank. 

Thanks!

Marcos

RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2015 at 1:53pm
Fish update: 

Yellow Tang (Original guy)
2 Sailfin Tangs
24 Assorted Clownfish
Sixline Wrasse
Psudochromis
Dussumieri  Tang 
2 Anthias
6 molly miller blennys

Same as last but... 
added to my sump

2 more clowns 
1 yellow tang 

added in display
6 firefish 
naso tang
melenarus wrasse 

So since last update I have added 11 more fish and all are happpy !

Could be the fact that I feed 6 times a day right now... The fish are getting BIG! I mean BIG! 
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2015 at 1:55pm
I took a quick picture last night. 

I will take a better one and I will do a video soon. 

Sump 
First is a picture of 3 of the sump fish! 

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2015 at 2:06pm
Nice! It's looking really good. I am thinking of adding several clowns to my 100g but haven't fully decided yet:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2015 at 2:09pm
talk to me about it when I see you tomorrow Jackie... 
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2015 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Jeremyw Jeremyw wrote:

talk to me about it when I see you tomorrow Jackie... 

Okay sounds good!
Jackie Stuver

Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2015 at 3:12pm
We need to talk about the neatness (or lack of) in your sump. Do I need to come over and supervise while you clean that up? I've set a great example for you already what more do I need to do? giggle
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2015 at 3:24pm
pshhh it is so organized... compared to the side cupboard... that is a MESS!!! 
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2015 at 3:27pm
I think I forgot to mention that in 2 weeks I have another 24 clowns (Different varieties of black clowns) arriving for this tank and 34 for another tank..... 

I think I have a problem !!!
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2015 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Jeremyw Jeremyw wrote:

I think I forgot to mention that in 2 weeks I have another 24 clowns (Different varieties of black clowns) arriving for this tank and 34 for another tank..... 

I think I have a problem !!!

You think?
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic