Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Limewood airstone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
-TYR- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -TYR- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Limewood airstone?
    Posted: April 07 2014 at 6:39pm
Thanks! I got a couple of air stones got it working and today I emptied the skimmer for the first time after about 2 hours of adjusting to get the bubbles perfect but EEEEEWWWWWWWW I thought I had a clean tank what came out was almost brown!
Blub Blub
LaRue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2014 at 7:33pm
Petsmart and petco carry them. But you need to use the lime wood because it makes allot finer bubbles than an air stone
-TYR- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -TYR- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2014 at 7:17pm
I just purchased a protein skimmer for my 14 gal Biocube but it is missing the airstone hat was supposed to come with it do I have to use the lime wood type or would any 2 inch stone work for now? And if it is the only kind I can use does anyone in the downtown area have one seeing as how I cant find one at any LFS that I have access to currently.
Blub Blub
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic