Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Selling - Getting out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 12:24pm
Are you moving?
love2skiutah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Hogie Hogie wrote:

Are you moving?

Nope. After taking a big hit before I even installed it, losing thousands in fish and coral, I'm done. I can't keep doing it anymore. I'm not willing to shell out more dough to buy more livestock.
suiso man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suiso man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 2:00pm
I wish I could afford it all!!! I want a big tank

golfnut1232 View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote golfnut1232 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 2:24pm
I'd be willing to donate a few frags to help get you back on track.  I'm not talking radioactive greens and eagle eyes either.  I can't speak for others but my guess is that some peeps would do the same.
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 2:25pm
Holy Cow!!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
LaRue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 2:31pm
If donations will keep you in it I will throw some frags in also I hate to see anyone get out of this hobby let alone someone who has built themselves such an amazing setup
Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 3:25pm
Count me in on donations also.
220 G SPS Display.

jbutler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 3:29pm
Don't do it man!! I have a bunch of freebies for you. We'll get that tank kicking some butt again!
dca22anderson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dca22anderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 3:32pm
You know I'll donate too to keep you in bro! Matter of fact I will provide tons of corals to keep you in and enjoying this sweet hobby!
Dave Anderson
Saratoga Springs, UT
Bryce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 3:41pm
Man all these donations offers has me thinking I should probably get out, yep, I'm definitely getting out  ;) ......in all seriousness, that is a dream system for most of us and it would be a shame to not give it a second go...if anything, sell non essential components to fund a restocking and replace it at a later date.

Edited by Bryce - April 08 2014 at 3:41pm
65g Reef
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 4:34pm
Aaron, Aaron, Aaron,  After all that you have been through getting that Damn tank set up.  You are going to throw in the towel because you added way too many fish before your bacteria could handle it?????
Now listen, listen carefully!!  Don't rush and make up your mind soo, soo fast.  Let the dust settle and after a month or so. throw in a half dozen chromis and see how they do for a month.  Your system is to die for, and really,,, you have just gone wayyyy Too fast in adding livestock.  Everyone can guess at what went wrong, or what disease your tank has, or this and that.. If you ask me , your bioload was too much for your young bacteria to handle.. period..You can have the fanciest, biggest , most expensive equipment money can buy, but if your biological bacteria isn't mature enough, or strong enough to handle a ton of waste and fish. IT WONT WORK.  Sit back and chill for a few days.  PATIENCE.... After the tour , regroup and think about it.  Start slow .......   DON"T GIVE UP!!!!!
How will you ever look me in the eye again if you quit. Wink
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
Bryce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by tileman tileman wrote:

Don't rush and make up your mind soo, soo fast.  Let the dust settle..DON"T GIVE UP!!!!!

+100
65g Reef
grassfairy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grassfairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by dca22anderson dca22anderson wrote:

You know I'll donate too to keep you in bro! Matter of fact I will provide tons of corals to keep you in and enjoying this sweet hobby!

+1
Like I said on my text and PM Aaron,and see how many great people have offered to help out. Don't give up!!
mermaidcamille View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mermaidcamille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 5:14pm
A year ago I was done too after a disaster.  A couple people from the club helped me out and I am so glad I didn't leave.  Give the offers a thought.  I have heard your set up is amazing.

135g...D.E.A.D

Welcome bright and shiny 120!
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 5:21pm
Well said brad! Aaron I have some stuff I canFrag for you in a month. Don't give up!... you have more passion for this hobby then I have seen in 99.9% of people
ThatGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 5:57pm
Im in if I can be of help
mOnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mOnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 6:09pm
Yea don't trow in the towel man , ur set up its one of the nicest I had ever seen , I'm in to donate some frags for that lovely set up too ..
willstang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willstang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 7:13pm
Yeah Bro don't give up! I have a few frags for ya.
ReefOn View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefOn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 10:22pm
Dude we have all been there, at one point I was in the same spot. Lucky for me I had a huge outpouring of support, from a lot of the same people. Stick it out, it's worth it in the long run. This is a great group of friends and a great form of entertainment.

ReefOn

7563 S Main St (700W)

Midvale, Uta
love2skiutah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 9:52am
I don't even know what to say.  I think I got death threats from about 15 people if I sell the tank... 

Honestly, I thought I was going to get messages about selling the equipment, not about people telling me to stay in.  After Dion stopped by last night and talking to several of you, I will give it another shot.  

My little ordeal I had before I even got the tank installed and then losing thousands of dollars more in livestock with the rarest thing I've ever heard of, was enough for me to throw in the towel.  I know everyone does the same thing and puts countless hours into their systems every night tweaking and making adjustments.  But after it crashes and someone tells you "Aaron, if you tried to replicate getting this infection 1,000 times the way you got it, you couldn't do it" that was my sign yesterday morning to take a break for awhile.  

The money obviously hurts, but I can't tell you how bad I feel for killing the fish.  It's worse than the money. 

I was in meetings most of the day yesterday and I was ignoring most of you and started going through my texts and emails this morning.  I can't believe how many people reached out.  And for that, I thank you all. 

I was telling Dion last night, that I forgot about Brad's issue and then when I read his post I was thinking "How the hell do I even respond to him?".  The bottom line is, I can't.  Looking at what he went through, I guess this is nothing when you compare the 2.  

Thank you for bombarding my phone with the nice messages.  I have people messaging me from all over the place and  I don't even know who you are and have never met you.  

Thanks again you guys.. 

My phone this morning at 5 am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic