Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Apex Dead

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Erikts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erikts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apex Dead
    Posted: April 10 2014 at 9:09pm
Tonight Icame home and my APEX base unit was dead. All tank functions are dependant on the Apex. I tried flashing firmware with no luck. I emailed neptune support and got basic life support back online with a powerstrip.

My question is

My LEDS are DIY with Drivers that require 1-10v for operation. What is the best way to get them back online? I only run them at 50%. Should I just hook up a 5v wall wart to get 50% dimming?

Also what is the response time from Neptune Support?

Edited by Erikts - April 10 2014 at 9:10pm
34G solana
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2014 at 9:12pm
I had the same problem. Neptune was working with me early and late on a Sunday...they're great! I shipped my unit out and had it back in less than a week. They gave me a range of prices to fix it depending on what was wrong. I expected the worst case, but it ended up being on the low end.
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2014 at 9:17pm
I get better response from them posting on their forum.  Does the base unit allow you to flash the firmware or does it error out? Do you have a screen and does it show anything on it? You can dim your LEDs with either a 5v wallwart or a 10v one with a pot to dim it halfway. Are there any lights on when your apex is on? If so what color?  Krazie
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Erikts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erikts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2014 at 9:35pm
I have no lights on the base unit and nothing on the display. The eb8 has a flashing orange light.
34G solana
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2014 at 9:40pm
Is your base unit powered from the eb8 or from a wall wart?
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Erikts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erikts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2014 at 9:40pm
Eb8
34G solana
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2014 at 9:48pm
So you have a wall wart that fits to try and see if it's an issue with the aquabus issue? The flashing orange light on the eb8 means it is not communicating with the base unit. Do you have your configuration backed up? What version of firmware were you running?
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Erikts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erikts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2014 at 9:56pm
I tried a universal wall wart no change.
34G solana
Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2014 at 10:38pm
What other stuff is it running? Heaters, dosing, powerheads, main pump? Are you covered on everything but lights?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic