Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aiptasia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PDoug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aiptasia
    Posted: April 17 2014 at 8:29pm
So we all know Aiptasia are like Dandelions in your Lawn just annoying but kind of pretty and if left alone they multiply like... well like weeds

After growing one for several months I fed it some superglue and it died its making me sad as i was training those stupid peppermints That I never see to eat them and now I will have to wait for a new batch to arrive. I will say this though Superglue placed into their mouths kills them instantly but does not have the same dramatic flair as when you feed them Aiptasia X watching those punks blow up is super gratifying

Edited by PDoug - April 18 2014 at 12:25pm
(307)679-7898 Phillip Douglass 75 Gallon Reef Tank
Softplan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Softplan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2014 at 10:40am
If you get a chance Fish 4 U has peppermint shrimp for $5.  They aren't like the random ones you get that don't eat aiptasia.  I put 8 in my 90 gallon.  They pretty much cleaned it out within a week and a half.
PDoug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2014 at 12:29pm
(I swear I can't type without sounding like a dumb redneck with that stupid netbook) Yeah I do fish 4 U a lot when I make it down there in fact that is the first stop I was not aware that they were only charging $5 though that is great. Its dangerous stepping in there though they have lots of good stuff
PDoug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2014 at 6:28pm
That Aiptasia is a champ he made it through
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic