Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

that darn Ich remedy

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: What Garlic do you use, or none?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [6.25%]
2 [12.50%]
2 [12.50%]
1 [6.25%]
1 [6.25%]
3 [18.75%]
1 [6.25%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [31.25%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: that darn Ich remedy
    Posted: June 10 2014 at 7:29am
Are you using Garlic but the white spots keep coming back? Have you given up because it didn't work? Have you been thinking of removing all the fish and QT'ing everything from now to eternity? The Ich Parasite can be very tough and if it doesn't kill the fish, can lead to secondary diseases which kill the fish. If you are having trouble with Ich, have had trouble in the past, or just want to complain about it, please comment here. Ah heck, everyone just say something. Big smile
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Dan9554880 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan9554880 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2014 at 8:52am
I have ick start to show in 4 of my fish. Hippo tang (some white spots), heniochus butterfly (white spots fell off), yellow tang (starting to show symptoms) & Tomini tang (showing symptoms). I'm planing on using garlic with very feeding (freshly squeezed). It has work for me kn the past so I'm giving it another try.
210 Mixed Reef
20 Nuvo nano reef
Learn your tank, not the hobby
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2014 at 9:16am
How long does it take for your treatment to work?
After the Ich spots are gone, how often do you add the freshly squeezed garlic to their food?
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Dan9554880 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan9554880 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2014 at 11:10am
Normally I do 2-3 weeks.
After the spots I do a week or so
210 Mixed Reef
20 Nuvo nano reef
Learn your tank, not the hobby
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2014 at 1:08pm
I had Ich problems when I first started in the hobby.    I started using Brine Shrimp Direct's garlic flake food and have not had ich on any of my fish for just under 2 years now.    I am not saying that they will fix all your problems but I stopped having problems after I made that my main food.    My fish are fat...  Ok Very fat and happy.   
220g , large elite aquatics sump. 3 Radion Pro Gen 3 lights 3 Mp 40's
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic