Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ZOANTHIDS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dbb123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbb123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ZOANTHIDS
    Posted: June 16 2014 at 8:27pm
What is the trick to getting my zoa to grow?  I have had them for quite a while, and though they appear very healthy, they do not seem to be growing at all!  what is the trick?
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2014 at 9:15pm
Good water quality, water movements, and light. I have had some double in polyps in 6 months and others look healthy but not add any polyps even though they are very close and in the same tank.

jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2014 at 10:36pm
In March we had Brandon from Zoanthids.com speak at the club meeting and he has great tips. I have added a link to his presentation.

Keys I got out if it:
Good flow
Occasionally put in front of power head or move power head in front to blow off detritus
Dirty water (well nutrient rich water)
Target feed (at night)

Wealth of knowledge on site at well.

http://utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=70255&title=zoanthidscom-march-2014-presentation
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic