Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pistol shrimp and purple firefish?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
-TYR- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -TYR- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pistol shrimp and purple firefish?
    Posted: July 07 2014 at 7:11pm
Has anyone ever heard of a purple firefish goby and a pistol shrimp pairing up? Mine seem to have during the day my firefish is out and swimming but since I got a pistol shrimp yesterday he has moved from his home to the hole the pistol shrimp dug and they spend the nights together. Is this odd to anyone else?
Blub Blub
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2014 at 8:24pm
My purple firefish dug a hole and doesn't come out except to eat. I can believe it'd share a den with a shrimp.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2014 at 2:25am
Sure, why not?

Firefish need good places to hide and the more hiding places there are, the more they will remain out in midwater for us to see. It has to do with being able to quickly slip into protective places from different areas of the tank. I find that a field of large rubble rock and/or a good stand of Caulerpa makes for more and better hiding places.

Aloha Hug
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic