Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

20g long peninsula

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20g long peninsula
    Posted: July 15 2014 at 6:29pm
As a few of you may have noticed I decided I wanted to do a peninsula style tank again, I hate running two tanks and feel I get burned out so I transferred all that would fit into this from my 38g
I plan to do mostly zoas and anemones in this tank.

Stock list so far:
pipefish
2 pink skunks
flasher wrasse (haven't seen him since the move though)

I have a 10 gallon sump, and went with a Ecoxotic panarama marine LED I may supplement it with 2 T5 in the future we will see.
Right now the light is just sitting on a couple pieces of wood until I decide if I am going to get some T5's then we will build something to make it look better.

Here are a few cell phone pics, tank isn't completely clear yet seems I just moved things on Sunday but it's getting there.

This is my awesome cabinet

I don't like how high that top rock is sitting so I need to figure something out

Top down zoa island

Love my cynaria, it actually has a gold tone to it but I couldn't get it to show in this pic

Still very happy plate coral

Edited by bstuver - July 15 2014 at 6:30pm
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2014 at 6:43pm
Like all your builds, this one looks great as well. Ready to frag some Mary Jane's? I could trade you for some other zoas.
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

ctreeftank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctreeftank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2014 at 6:51pm
Looks good
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2014 at 8:11pm
Lookin' good!

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2014 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by DLindquist DLindquist wrote:

Like all your builds, this one looks great as well. Ready to frag some Mary Jane's? I could trade you for some other zoas.

Thanks:) I'll take a look and see if I can frag a head or two but that would be about it:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2014 at 8:25pm
Thanks Lance and Mike:)
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2014 at 4:37pm
This is humming along nicely. Haven't had much time to do much with it. I spent the last three weeks or so taking care of my mother in law who had brain cancer, she unfortunately passed away on July 26th and since then we had to clean things out and a funeral. Needless to say the tank got neglected.
I ended up loosing my pipefish that I have had for so long probably because I forgot to feed the poor thing with everything going on. So right now I am going to run the tank empty of any fish for 6 weeks because every time I added a fish it would die and I am not sure of what. So I am a week into that, 5 more weeks to go and I will slowly add a few fish just not sure what yet.
So as of today that's where things sit. Corals are all doing great and I finally had the chance to check my params yesterday and everything is doing great.
Jackie Stuver

ctreeftank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctreeftank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2014 at 4:42pm
Jackie I am so sorry, lost my rusty angle and blue eyed khole tang to.
FishnFriendz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FishnFriendz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2014 at 5:04pm

Jackie,

The plate coral's color is so stunning.  I am so in love with your zoa/paly collection :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic